Eye Doctor

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by pkc789, Oct 1, 2014.

1. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Does anyone go to Eye Care Assoc at White Oak?

2. molly2008

molly2008 Well-Known Member

Funny you should ask. I was just there for my first apt this morning. Liked them very much. I haven't gotten my RX filled yet though, going to go back on Saturday.

3. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Yeah! Are you planning to purchase glasses from them?

4. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

5. molly2008

Probably as they are on our ins plan. I just didn't have time to look today, had to get back to work. :)

6. molly2008

This is my first pair of glasses ever and will be progressive bifocals. Not ordering those online, at least not the first time. I used to work for an eye doc and frankly I am looking for a more personal touch for this pair.

7. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

I order spare pairs online but when my RX changes, I like to get a pair in office first. I usually order my spares from Coastal.com

I am only switching eye doctor's because the retail side that sells the glasses at the one I have gone to for many years now has less than quality employees and I have 2 pair of glasses that I can't wear :(

8. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Bifocals? Getting a lil old are ya?

9. molly2008

Not exactly. It's more from using a computer all day every day so it's to hopefully relieve the eyestrain.

10. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Good deal,, hopefully that does the trick.

11. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I didn't use them as eye doctors but did buy glasses from them, and they were so nice, helpful, and patient in helping me choose a pair.

12. Vanosa

Vanosa Active Member

I see to Dr. Cook in Garner (he's nice & professional, too), and get my (bifocals) at the 40/42 Wal-Mart. They have knowledgeable staff, lower prices, and quite a large selection of glasses!

13. Bluewillow

Bluewillow Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any current recommendations for an eye doctor near 40/42? My eye is red and irritated and feels like something is there, although I don't see anything. Is there anyone near that would be able to see me Monday. Thanks!

14. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

My sister and my son recently had this same thing happen to one eye (about a week apart). Lasted about 3-4 days, then poof! all better. Don't have a clue what it was...virus? allergies? No idea, but it passed fairly quickly. Thankfully, it wasn't conjunctivitis, pink eye. Hope yours gets better soon! Uncomfortable, for sure!

15. Bluewillow

I saw Dr. Bowman at Raleigh Ophthamology in Clayton this morning. I highly recommend him. The staff were nice as well. All this fuss over an eyelash that was growing the wrong way.:banghead:

16. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

That is good news! :hurray:

17. Bluewillow

Thank you! It's so nice to have two functioning eyes again!:jester: