eye exams

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mandmdad, Sep 17, 2010.

1. mandmdad

mandmdad Well-Known Member

Anyone every used Dr. Byrd for an eye exam? He is the only one listed in my cheap-o insurance coverage that is in the clayton/garner area.

2. blumedenley

blumedenley Well-Known Member

I use him. I don't have insurance. They are really good. You can drive home after. I already have my glasses. Went there Thursday and got them Wensday. Really enjoyed it. Didn't have a long wait. My husband and my two sons went at the same time.

3. Hoof-Hearted

Hoof-Hearted Well-Known Member

Believe me, any one is Better than Dr. Black. at Eye Deals.
    They are such a Rip off and all they say is that your Glasses dont work because you have to get used to them. and Or it is because of your astignitisum. and they will not make it right. all they want is your money.
    so I say Eye Deals stinks and dont use them.
    Good Luck finding one that will do the right thing.;, Hoof.

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I had a fantastic eye exam by the one at Sears Optical in Garner. DH has gone to her for years, I finally went myself (I dont' need an RX, so I just need someone to check for gluacoma, etc. ) in Aug and she was great. Highly recommend. She did DS's exam too, he wears glasses and I was pleased with that too.

DS saw Dr. Eggleston at the WM Vision Center a couple years ago, he does a good exam too. (he's not on our ins, only reason I swithced)

5. Crysta

Crysta Guest

I went to Dr. Byrd's location on 42 earlier this year. I had one of the other doctors and I do NOT recommend going to them. I showed him my old prescription and we had a long talk about how my eyes had gotten worse. Finish the exam, order new contacts from BJ's, and then find out he gave me the SAME prescription. A week later they call me and tell me that they're going to charge me for making an appointment and skipping it. I tell her that I went to the appointment and give her the story about the wrong prescription and they didn't believe me. So they somehow have no record of my being there, although were happy to take my money and charge my insurance company, and yet are absolutely certain that I was given the correct prescription. Dh is out of work, so I'm stuck with contacts with my old prescription until next year.

In summary:
    Do NOT go to Dr. Byrd.

6. Hoof-Hearted

Hoof-Hearted Well-Known Member

This seems to be a normal Practice here.
    Eye Deals did the same with me. But the Script they gave me made everything seem to warp and Melt to the Left. I would Miss putting things down because I was Trying to get used to them. Yea they were the wrong Perscriptions. and the Doctor Black Insisted that he was Right. and wanted to charge me more for another exam.
    I went to an Optomologist in Raliegh and he was Nice to Check for me. He sent Dr. Black the right perscription. and all he said that he wanted to recheck . But I would have to pay out of Pocket for the retest. I dont have that kind of money. so now I am stuck with a broken old pair of glasses. and a new pair that I cant see out of.
    I wish it was Leagle to Punch people in the face when they Screw up so bad. and try to screw every one that comes into their Door. I wonder how they stay in Bussiness?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  7. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Shouldn't a copy of your prescription you carried to BJs be sufficient in proving you went to the appointment? Did you pay the doc cash or did you write a check or use either a credit or debit card? Didn't they give you a receipt?

8. Crysta

Crysta Guest

Yes, they were eventually able to find my 'record', but the doctor insisted that I was given the correct prescription. Ignoring the fact that I've been wearing glasses for 20 years and know perfectly well when my prescription changes. They just didn't care and weren't willing to admit that they were wrong. Oh, and they like to try to sell upcharges as well.