Eye Glasses Website

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by aydansnana, Oct 18, 2007.

1. aydansnana

aydansnana Well-Known Member

2. blessed2adopt2

blessed2adopt2 Well-Known Member

DH ordered from that site. The glasses are nice. I think it would have helped him getting his glasses from a local optician, as this was his first pair of bifocals, and I think the 'line' is too high.

But, the frames are very nice, and they take you through the measuring process for what size of frame is needed very well.

3. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

For decent looking frames and common script they can be as low as $18. Even on the high end you could make 2 mistake purchases and still save money on what you would spend locally. We use them and I'm sold on them.

4. MommySAIDno

MommySAIDno Well-Known Member

Wow, that sure is true! I was looking for another thread and came upon this one. Great site. Thought I'd bump it for newbies or others who missed it like me.

5. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

They just don't have the styles the girls and I like. I took them this weekend to Cary for their yearly. For exams and new frames it was $959.00. After my VSP I paid $121.00, and $70.00 of that was for the additional optical nerve views I pay for. Out of that $121.00, I'll file the whole amount on my BCBS and they will reimburse me $200.00, so I'm actually making a little money on the deal and the girls got some really cool frames.

I've got to schedule my apt., last year I paid $300.00 for just my Kate Spade frames. Well not really, because for our 3 exams and glasses it was $1,500.00 and I paid $295.00 out of pocket and then BCBS reimbursed me $100.00, so my actual out of pocket was $195.00 for 3 of us. This year BCBS has changed it to $100.00 reimbursement per individual instead of family, so it won't be any out of pocket for me.:mrgreen:

What I really like about the place we go, anytime anything breaks they fix it for free.

6. aydansnana

aydansnana Well-Known Member

that's great, my BCBS pay for new frames once every 2 years - lens every yr - always pay out of pocket progressive lens are expensive or so I thought until I ordered them from this web site - but never have I made money of BCBS - anyway this is a great site to order a back up pair of glasses or to use if you are on the beach alot in the summer - and if most are like myself it's just nice to wear different frames more than once every 2 years

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

What is VSP?

8. Southernborn

It's an eye care plan that is offered through my employer. www.vsp.com will tell you about it. I can't imagine not having it, then I probably would be buying glasses from this site. Does anyone know any discount contact lense sites? My DH wears the 30 day ones, and with the insurance they cover his exam and most of the contacts, but it seems that we end up paying for additional contacts throughout the year.

Luckily, I don't have to wear my glasses all that much, so I don't get tired of them. I only have to wear when my eyes become strained from looking at the computer screen way too much. The girls have to wear theirs more, but not all the time, just at school looking at the board and watching tv.

9. bandmom

I use www.contactlensking.com to buy contacts for my family.

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Ya'll know I'm all for saving money where ever I can, but I'd have to draw the line at buying my contacts over the internet. I'm sure there are perfectly legit operations out there, but way back in the dark ages, I worked for an optomotrist, and there were issues with counterfeit/wrong prescription lenses being sold to people. Glasses are one thing, because the don't go IN your eye. Just be careful, is all I'm saying, you only have one pair of eyes. 8)

11. bandmom

I can understand that. We have used this site for several yrs and have not had any problems. Before going here, we used to use BJ's, but the kind my son was prescribed was a special order for them and was quite expensive.

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Please forgive me for being "weird" about eyes. I have seen some ulcers, eye infections, you name it from contacts that were either incorrectly worn, wrongly prescribed, etc. that would just make you shiver for the poor people. I'm so glad they aren't doing the RK any more, one poor patient couldn't even see to drive at night any more from the halo's. DH wants Lasik really bad, but so far I have discouraged him. I'm afraid!! :oops:

13. blessed2adopt2

blessed2adopt2 Well-Known Member

southernborn - where do you go in Cary? I go to a place in Garner, and I'm not all that impressed with their small collection. TIA, blessed....

14. Southernborn

Eye Care Associates...I've got my apt. tom. at ECA at BrierCreek :)

15. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

WOMAN, GET THE MAN LASIK!!!
    Mom got it
    Lil sista got it
    Friends M&R got it
    DH got it

Tiger Woods got it! :lol:

The BEST money we have EVER spent!
    DH, mom, sista and M&R were basically blind as a bat without their glasses - now - poof - no more glasses!

16. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

LASIK, LASIK, LASIK!!! I did it too and love it.

(HG I'm emailing you now.)

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I know, I know, but his prescription isn't that bad! We have REALLY bad luck sometimes, and I'd be so worried he'd be the one in a million patient who had complications. :oops: Makes no sense, but if anything can go wrong when we go to do something like that, it will ! :banghead:

18. Southernborn

A friend of mine had it done about 6 years ago and loved it, until recently when her eyes went bad again :(

19. bluebird

bluebird Guest

Our family have bought 4 pair of glasses from Zenni Optical and they have all been great. We will continue to purchase there. Anyone else had any proplems getting the pupilary distance from their optomitrist office?

20. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

My neighbor had it done 2 years ago, at one of the big name places in Raleigh, and they paid the extra couple of hundred dollars per eye for "lifetime tweeking". Well.. she started having a hard time driving at night, so she went back, and they said it wasn't bad enough yet and handed her a pair of glasses! I'd be so mad if that were me!!