Face Masks

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hught, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I see so many people that object to masks because they feel they will take the risk with their own health and that they are healthy, not realizing that the mask is really to protect others.

The following articles do a nice job of explaining masks and how they protect others. One thing I personally did not realize, although none of my masks have them, those masks with vents may actually be more more harmful to other people than if you just didn't wear a mask.

Does your face mask protect you or other people?

and

Which mask works best? We filmed people coughing and sneezing to find out

and for those folks who might doubt the 2 above articles, here is the rating for this source called The Conversation . . .

The Conversation
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Wayne Stollings likes this.
  3. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Same and it was not that difficult of a test if you have some basic knowledge and some common sense.

Hught likes this.
  4. Wayne Stollings

I just went to the grocery store. I generally see a few who do not wear their masks and I generally just mentally note them a being a-holes. This time, however there was a mega version of an a-hole. This guy had a bandana around his neck but refused to wear it over his mouth or nose. He did wear an open-carry Glock 22 in a holster attached to the pocket of his shorts. This a-hole wandered the store for about 20 minutes before buying 2 six packs of beer. The only consolation I had was that perhaps he would drink all of the beer himself and shot his fool toe off. That would be fitting.

DWK and Hught like this.
  5. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Note: The following post does not include people who cannot wear a mask for pre-existing medical conditions.

Same here. It looks as though some people just really want to make a public appearance and show of it. I was at an outdoor garden center the other day, and there was a family of sneering, mask-free a-holes there, deliberately walking very close to shoppers wearing masks, even though there were maybe just a dozen shoppers around, and plenty of room to navigate. Then they proceeded to walk through all of the aisles, scoffing at everyone they encountered who was wearing a mask. I don’t know if any of these folks were carrying, but I sure as hell know that this behavior resembles nothing of the idyllic 1950s that they say they would like to return to.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    Hught likes this.
  6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

The problem, in my opinion, is a lot of these folks are conspiracy theorists and think we are the stupid ones

7. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

I don’t read conspiracy theories, but I imagine that the irrational is very attractive to certain people, and to be fair, these people can be of any persuasion. More often, it’s people who are deeply hurting and will desperately latch onto anything in which to believe, when all else has failed them. As Americans, we are already primed to believe in conspiracy theories, as we are all raised on a steady diet of advertising, from the cradle to the grave, which makes us vulnerable to fantasy and suggestion, or more accurately, psychologically prone to it. It’s disheartening to see it, but it isn’t very surprising.

Hught and Wayne Stollings like this.
  8. Wayne Stollings

I have a built in disdain for open carry anyway. The gun club to which I belonged was carry friendly as long as it was concealed. If it was not concealed you might just see a lot more which were previously concealed and not in the previously friendly manner.

9. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

I agree. I was raised in a hunting family, so I’m not against all guns, but that fellow that you saw openly carrying at a grocery store, was just doing that to intimidate people in public who are wearing masks. I’m almost glad my father and uncles are long gone so they’re not able to see this kind of rampant stupidity out there.

Hught and Wayne Stollings like this.
  10. youwish2bme

youwish2bme Well-Known Member

I will just say y'all amuse me

11. NJ2NC

NJ2NC Well-Known Member

12. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

She’s also an a-hole for doing that. See, that’s the trouble with you. You think that we would support her for doing that, but I doubt that anyone here would. I certainly don’t. If this pandemic was managed consistently and intelligently from the very beginning, we wouldn’t be having these ridiculous incidents happening where stupid people are threatening others with guns because they don’t want to wear a mask, or like this idiotic woman, macing people who aren’t wearing a mask. This is what happens when a national health issue is unnecessarily politicized and leadership fails the public.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    BobF, Wayne Stollings and Hught like this.
  13. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

NAH, just the way liberals act when they don't get their way.

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Why don't you post, in the Political Pit, the evidence that the person macing individuals is a "Liberal"?

bridgett, Wayne Stollings and DWK like this.
  15. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

It’s true that both sides can go overboard when they become victims of political rhetorical inventions. That’s what we’re currently seeing coming from stupid individuals on the left and the right, who sadly lose their marbles, and now apparently occurring at a Walmart, or a sunny California picnic. The whole situation is very tragic.

16. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

I don’t understand why this mask discussion is still threatening people. Wasn’t it clarified publicly by the administration just last week that we should all be wearing masks now because Arizona, Texas, and Florida are in trouble, and are likely to go through what New York went through? What’s the problem?

bridgett, Wayne Stollings and Hught like this.
  17. poppin cork

Why don't you. Don't respond if it bothers you or get Webbie to move the thread you keep trying to protect Dem White Karen in.

BuzzMyMonkey likes this.
  18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I think I might know you in real life, from when I used to live in Clayton, and figured you might just need a reminder that Politics should be kept in the Political Pit.

If I am wrong and you are an Anti-Masker or a macing equivalent I will report you to the Webmaster.

This thread was started to assist some of the folks that seem to have questions about masks that will not venture into the pit.

19. Wayne Stollings

Some people are threatened by anything and everything they do not understand, cannot control, and that especially covers people they do not understand or cannot control. That is why the pit was created but some still refuse to keep the stuff there.

DWK and Hught like this.
  20. poppin cork

Report on. You don't know me and I'm not an anti masker.