Fathers Day Present - digital pic frame - help

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mingomama, Jun 12, 2013.

1. mingomama

mingomama Well-Known Member

DH informed me he would like a digital picture frame loaded with 2 shoeboxes worth of family pictures.

I don't know where to start! Help! How do I get the pictures on media appropriate for this type of frame. I assume when I buy a frame it will have the media needed (flash card, etc).

I don't have a scanner. Does anyone know a company 'out there' that can do this whole thing for me? If so, please PM me. Thanks!

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Somehow you will need to scan those pictures onto your computer or through your computer directly onto a flash drive. If you have a multi-function printer that scans, that would work. If they are old and delicate family photos, i would not use a scanner that you have to feed them into. I only use a flat top scanner so there is no chance of the photos getting stuck in the roller, or getting a curl job.

Those picture frames come with a small amount of onboard memory, but they will not have a flash drive or memory card, atleast none of the ones I've bought and set up different family members. I've done 4 different ones over the last 2 or 3 years. I've used flash drives in all the ones I've set up, I don't know (haven't noticed) if they would have taken a memory card too.

I don't know of any companies that would do it for you, sorry. You might start with a search online for any local companies that transfer photos to digital media.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  3. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

Walgreen's digitizes photos/negatives onto dvds. If you have them on dvd, can you transfer that onto a memory stick? I do not know... Might be worth a call to Walgreen's to find out? If not, I would buy a cheap flat bed scanner and get to work!! Good luck!

http://www.walgreensdvdtransfer.com/transfer-photos.htm