firewood?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by brea7347, Jan 27, 2010.

1. brea7347

brea7347 Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend a good place to get firewood around here that will deliver? I'm only looking for a truck load or 1/2 cord at the most. I know there are a ton of ads on Craigslist, but I prefer to find recommendations so that I know they are legit. This is our first wood burning fireplace so I have no experience buying firewood or knowing what to look for. They can state it is seasoned and it's a 1/2 cord, but I don't really know what to look for. I don't want to get ripped off! Thanks for any help!

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

We burn hardwoods such as oak,poplar etc.It's best to not use pine,too much sap.
    My husband usually get's our wood by cutting up tree's on jobsites that have been recently cleared but I saw that the two produce stands on Cleveland Rd. sell fire wood.

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Wood kiln or electric kiln?

4. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Electric kiln ;) but we got a wood stove in the living room.

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

7. TRY LEES GARDEN CENTER IN CLAYTON, THEY HAVE A FACEBOOK PAGE.

8. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

This thread is a little old, but I thought I would try. I usually cut my own firewood, but most of it is pretty dirty and infested with bugs. I need some 'clean' firewood to being in the house. Just a little bit - like maybe 5 or 6 armloads. I see a few people selling in their front yard from time to time but never pay attention until I need it. Anyone know where to find?

9. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

There is firewood for sale at Earthworks Nursery garden center at the corner of Allen and Cleveland.

10. 26.2

26.2 Well-Known Member

Farmers market has several vendors that sell "clean" firewood on site and deliver as well.

11. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

Lee's, Main Street, Clayton, has firewood!