Fishing in the Johnston county area

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bigboyyy, Mar 6, 2012.

1. bigboyyy

bigboyyy Guest

Hi, I have recently gotten into bass fishing quite seriously. Unfortunately there arent many places to enjoy this hobby without getting run off someone's land. I am just wondering if anyone in the area wouldn't mind if I fished occasionly at their pond. Farm ponds, neighborhood ponds, anything with fish. I will pay if needed. I will not litter and I care greatly about the health of the pond. I also practice catch and release. Send me a PM or comment for more information or any questions. Thank you :D

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Have you been to Langdon's Pond yet?

3. bigboyyy

bigboyyy Guest

Yes

Yes I have been there a few times and was hoping for something new. But that is a decent spot. Thanks :)

4. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

If you get written permission from the landowner, you don't have to worry about "getting run off". I realize that is what you are attempting to do now and if so, good luck. I really hope you didn't mean that statement the way it came across.

5. bigboyyy

bigboyyy Guest

A

Hah, you are right. My attempt is to get permission from people to fish on their land. I mean no harm nor have I gotten "ran off" before. I just assumed that is what WOULD happen if I did NOT have permission. I don't want to go crazy on someone's pond I just want a place to occasionally fish and be outside.

6. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Glad to hear it...and sincerely, good luck. It is hard to find places to hunt/fish and I completely understand why on the part of the landowner. We rarely go to see my Mother In-Law without having to go investigate and run someone off of her Posted property. It's a real pain for us and scary for her. Good luck in your adventures.

7. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

Jordan Lake
    New Hill , lake at nuclear plant
    just a couple of places:cheers:

8. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I wish I could find a close by spot to let my two dachshunds run around a little without having to drive 30-40 minutes to a park first,I always clean up after the little poopers ;)