flies

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ncmom, Oct 29, 2009.

1. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Anyone else have an issue with flies? The last few days we've killed about 10 (or more) per day, in the house. I expect the cold weather is driving them inside but can't figure out how they are getting in.

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

hehehe, i bought a venus fly trap, hopefully little Audrey is gonna help me with that problem next year:lol:

3. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Same problem here,sometimes we think they are coming thru the heating/ac vents!?

4. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Shut the doors and windows.

5. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with them. The old lady is such a bad cook that the flies pitched in and bought me a screen door.

6. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

There's a country remedy for common flies. Fill a zip-lock bag about 3/4 with water and hang it on a nail over your exterior doors. Sounds crazy but it supposedly works. We haven't had problems with them, but my uncle has done it and he says it works. I'll bet if you Google it, you'll find others that have done it. They say it has something to do with the flies' complex eyes and the bending of light through the water-filled bag. Supposedly, it confuses or frightens them.

7. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

My 7-year-old has hidden all the fly swatters and made it her mission to catch and release all the flies outside. :lol: She decided to keep a few in her insect cage for a few days ... including one that appears to have an injured leg.