Flooring and Fencing recommendations?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by MizSeeker, Nov 18, 2009.

1. MizSeeker

MizSeeker Well-Known Member

Hello All -

I joined here because it looks like I will be moving to the great area near 40/42 off Cornwallis Road and - if I survive the move - I hope to be participating in the fun.

We are looking to close Dec 7th and need to have flooring and fencing done as soon as possible so we might be able to start moving the end of the year. The house has carpet in the living room and bedrooms and it's better if we go all hardwoods or laminate to reduce allergy materials.

We also are looking at vinyl fencing if we can get the fencing put in close enough to the ground to contain our escape artist dog. I've had lots of dogs over the years but this husky beats all for figuring out how to get out and visit - you can see the gears turning in her head as she works it out.

SO - do you have anyone that you have worked with that you would recommend? I'd like to use someone if I can that offers financing so that limits me but you know how moves can eat up your loose money so I may have to go that direction.

Thank you in advance!

Martha

2. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Fences Unlimited in Garner did my fence , good job , really nice fence.

3. ahlsmiles

ahlsmiles Well-Known Member

Seegars did ours and we have had NO problems! Ken Barbour was our rep 553-5523. Stacy is the office manager at that location and she is on it!

4. MizSeeker

MizSeeker Well-Known Member

Cool! Did you get wood, vinyl? I'm being told we may not be able to get the secure fencing we need in vinyl. ???

Now we just need to be able to get to the house and start measuring. Moving is always fun .... :shock:

Thank you very much!

Martha

5. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

It's not a 40/42 area merchant, but for flooring I can recommend Thad's Carpet One on Atlantic Ave in Raleigh, at least for the material. I got my laminate flooring and vinyl for the kitchen there, and will probably get soem carpet for the bedroom there soon. I hired soemone to do the vinyl. A friend and I were going to do the laminate, but we had truoble with it, so I ended up going back to the store and paying them to install it (1.99/sq fit, not including removal of old flooring - di that myself becasue i had a water leak- or putting down shoe molding). They were good to work with, and they told me that they would match anyone's price. Don't know if that includes online prices or not. I got the laminate from a truckload sale they were having. They vinyl was on sale and was almost half of what Lowes charged (special order - Lowe's doesn't have much good quality vinyl as an in stock item).

If you want local, I know soemone that bought hardwoods frem Dunn's Flooring on the service road behind Peddler's Village and was happy with them (the flooring - he installed himself so can't say anything aobut their installers).