Flooring

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bandmom, Jul 22, 2015.

1. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I would like some referrals/suggestions of where to look for quality engineered hardwood flooring.
    We have been to Thad's, Lowes, Pergo and Lumber Liquidators. We found some bamboo flooring at LL that we really liked, but when we researched it for the formaldehyde problems, found some unfavorable reviews.
    We just haven't found anything that we really like at the other places, except for Thad's - but it's $7 a sqft!
    I'm not looking for something really cheap, but can't spend $7 either! Oh and I've looked up usaflooring and 50floor but their reviews weren't very good either! :(

2. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Have you tried Build Direct? They are online, although I don't know if they have a store locally. Prices seem very good though.

3. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

4. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

We bought our flooring from LL just before the formaldehyde issue made the news. We were concerned about it. LL stood up and offered us a home detector kit for formaldehyde from an independent lab. We used the kits, even though we had no indications of formaldehyde odors. The flooring has been everything C6 wanted then she put her foot down and declared it was time for laminate flooring and that she'd done the comparison shopping. LL was great wot work with and we recommend them gladly.

5. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

A couple of years ago we used Carolina In Home Flooring to install prefinished hardwood floors for us. We had a great experience and still love our floors. 919-948-3127 or 919-876-9979