Flowers Plantation

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Pwoods, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Pwoods

Pwoods Well-Known Member

Looking at homes out near Flowers Plantation and one of the 'cons' on the 'cons' list is that it is quite removed from services (shopping,etc.). Just curious if anyone on 4042 lives that way and had some advice.

We are trying to factor in proximity to things like a mechanic and other things we likely take for granted at 4042.

Any other anecdotal information about what it is like to live out there would be helpful.

2. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I live on that side of the tracks and and I prefer it that way.

It's true that its a few miles out of town, but the same issues that you listed could be said about any of the unincorporated areas of JoCo.

The best part is the Raleigh commute, it's easier to avoid the 70/40 mess hitting 264 instead.

If you enjoy that train wreck of an interchange at 40 and 42 then you may need to be closer to the village, but if you find that it's not worth driving through the 40/42 area because it's a pain in the rear, then you might like it east of Clayton.

3. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter Well-Known Member

They just built a Harris Teeter out there and there is a Food Lion too. What it really misses is a watering hole.

4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

It's a great area to live in. As said above, a new grocery store has been built, schools are wonderful, it's not that far of a ride to a good mechanic or any other place. I highly suggest that area.

Many places to view in that area.....Flowers Plantation, Riverwood, Glen Laurel, etc. Nice people in all of those areas.

Sherry

5. Pwoods

Pwoods Well-Known Member

The commute is definitely on the 'pro' list. I suppose it would even miss the Fortify mess. My guess is Buffalo to Grasshopper or Turnip seed and then on to Smithfield Rd and 264?

6. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter Well-Known Member

yes....but you could take grasshopper to poole....then on hodge ....then 264.

7. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

Turnipseed to Smithfield normally, but Turnipseed is closed again for bridge construction so that leaves to using one of the other cutovers to Smithfield...Covered Bridge, Lake Wendell, or Lake Myra.

8. Pwoods

Pwoods Well-Known Member

How long does it take you? I suppose this depends on where you are going, but I work near Wake Forest Rd just outside beltline.

9. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

From the Flowers Store to downtown Raleigh is 35 minutes consistantly. Would probably be about the same to WF Road because of the daily back up on the beltline near Capital.
    About the same coming home, maybe 40 - 45 minutes on a busy night.
    I have to take I-40 to West Johnston High a couple of times a week. The 40 route is a nightmare compared to 264.

10. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

Most conveniences are in Clayton/Hwy 70 area. I like that area due to the quick commute to Smithfield as well for more options.

11. anonangie

anonangie Member

Love the area. There's still a lot of room for expansion there- similar to how when Wakefield was built in Raleigh there was NOTHING out there and now it's booming. It'll fill out!