Food Lion - prices at 210 store different than 42 store

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Sep 5, 2010.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Don't know if anyone else has noticed this but the sales ads each week for these two stores are different. For ex. last week FL advertised 73% lean hamburger for one day only for .99/lb. We went to the 210 store and we were told that the 42 store is is the cutoff store for this region. Apparently, the 210 store is in another region and their prices are different. They did not have the hamburger for .99. Instead it was $1.47/lb.

Today we went to 210 and I noticed that their ribeyes are 5.88/lb. while the 42 store had them for $4.99/lb.

Guess where I'm gonna start buying my groceries :confused:

2. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

I have noticed that with Clayton food lion and Smithfield Food Lion. It seems like all of the sales get around to each food lion. I hope I explained that right. The Clayton food lions end up getting what the Smithfield one had the week before etc.

3. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Well I was told awhile back from customore service at the 42 store, that if I bought in the flyer from any of the other food lions that they would match the price. They need to see the flyer. Smithfield is cheaper sometimes than the 42 and I bought in my flyer and got my turkeys cheaper one year.

4. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Thanks for the head up Michelle! I had not noticed this!

5. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

yes we do have different ads, but we do honor rain checks from other stores. I have never had to honor a ad from other store. I do more rain checks from other locations then our own.
    Sheri

6. rushlow2004

Michelle, It's how it's always been with the ads, don't know why they do that, but they do. We are not in the same region...but we do honor the rain checks.

7. grandma4

grandma4 Well-Known Member

on the back of the flyer it's states which areas it covers. There is a grand opening of the newest foodlion across from riverwood schools between clayton and archers lodge. whole ribeyes are $3.99 lb., alot of bygo deals too.
    but the deals are only for that store as well. may be worth the drive for some.(and for what it's worth, the ribeyes are pretty good).

8. michelle

That's good to know. They didn't make that offer to us on the hamburger meat. They just told us to go to the 42 store. :boxing:

9. rushlow2004

Who told you that?

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I've known that for a while....however I have never had any problem showing either store the other store's ad and they honored it.

11. michelle

The guy working in the meat department that day.

12. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I thought I was doing good picking and choosing between FL and Lowe's! Now I have to do it between FL, FL, and Lowe's! ... I wish Walmart would put out a "normal" weekly flyer.

13. michelle

I wish Walmart had decent meat. I buy a lot of stuff there but I will not buy their meat because it is all nasty to me.

14. rushlow2004

You would need to go to the customer service desk, that is what we do.

15. michelle

Will do! Thanks for letting me know.

16. rushlow2004

No problem :)

17. ponychick

ponychick Well-Known Member

Different regions have different weekly specials. Seems odd to have a different region in the same town, though.

18. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

They all do. Also Walmart food prices in Smithfield are cheaper than Clayton I have found.

19. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Are there any differences between Walmart on 42 and Walmart on 70?

20. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I dunno, I vowed not to go in the one on 42. :jester: