For The Cooks on the Board

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kdc1970, Feb 17, 2010.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I stumbled across this tonight: It's an awesome printable Kitchen Conversion Cheat Sheet. It converts teaspoons, tablespoons, cups, ounces, millileters, freezer life span, oz and pounds, how to tell when a steak reaches a certain stage of doneness, roasting guidelines, etc. etc..................... 2 pages worth that will be going in my cookbook, laminated of course!!:lol: :lol: :cheers:

http://www.cookbookpeople.com/blog/.../03/10/the-ultimate-kitchen-conversion-chart/

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:lol: :cheers:

3. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

That would be the *perfect* thing to laminate!

4. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

thanks!

5. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

thanks!!

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

hey kdc, if you are still looking for something to laminate, i would love a copy laminated:lol:

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I just got 50 more sheets!! Your wish is my command! :jester: :jester: :jester: :lol:

8. brea7347

brea7347 Well-Known Member

Wow, this is great! Thanks for sharing. I have a file folder with different sheets showing a lot of this, but this is awesome having it all in one place on just two sheets! No more shuffling through looking for different things. This also has way more info than all of my sheets combined. One file folder heading to the trash can!

Now if I only had a laminator..... :cry:

:lol:

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm glad you all liked it as much as I did, I just thought it had a wealth of info all in one place, and some I hadn't seen before. :cheers:

Brea...............I just discovered the Walmart in Clayton has a laminating machine for around $25 !! This is new, they have not carried it before.

10. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Printed it off now I'm looking for a cook. :jester:

Sherry

11. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I printed it, had it laminated and it's stuck on the side of my fridge. Everybody at work wanted a copy too.

12. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Alright now, no cheating.... This is a cooking question very few women (and hardly any men) seem to know the answer to.... Now, no looking at the chart....

How many teaspoons in a tablespoon? :?

13. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I know that one! 3! ...right?! 3...? You never see a recipe calling for 3t. ...

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

yep 3, that is pretty basic and i assumed everyone knew it if they ever had home ec in school

15. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I agree, it's so basic I'm waiting for the punch line. I'm sure it's coming! :jester:

16. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

No punch line; You'de be AMAZED at the number of people who don't know this, particularly women who call themselves good cooks. I used to work at Westinghouse in a department of 10-12 women and NONE of them knew. Most thought it was 2, some 4, but nobody knew it was 3. Try it sometime when you're in a crowd you don't know, you'll see! :)

17. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

:oops: I didn't know that! So glad 4042 is here to edumacate us! :mrgreen: