For you pet lovers and Pets are people lovers

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ServerSnapper, Aug 21, 2012.

1. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

2. Resident

Resident Well-Known Member

Karma? Really it's an unfortunate event that ended in tragedy. As opposed to "Karma".

It must suck to have nothing nice to say at any time...

3. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

The Joe Biden of 40/42,,

4. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with trying to help those dogs that dog-owners (39% of us) throw away. But this girl deserves to be nominated for a Darwin Award.

5. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

I dont see the reason for the karma or Darwin Award.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Grinder and Polenta have it right.

Karma is not right and it's an unfortuanate accident. A chance we take when helping animals.

7. oggsmash

oggsmash Well-Known Member

Karma? I think someone should stop using words they dont understand.

8. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Karma defined

karĀ·ma [kahr-muh]
    noun
    Hinduism, Buddhism . action, seen as bringing upon oneself inevitable results, good or bad, either in this life or in a reincarnation: in Hinduism one of the means of reaching Brahman. Compare bhakti ( def. 1 ) , jnana.
    Theosophy . the cosmic principle according to which each person is rewarded or punished in one incarnation according to that person's deeds in the previous incarnation.
    fate; destiny. Synonyms: predestination, predetermination, lot, kismet.
    the good or bad emanations felt to be generated by someone or something: Lets get out of here. This place has bad karma.

9. ServerSnapper

Karma is the right word. Some people take saving a pet or owning a pet to a level that is almost insane. They are animals. Treat them with trust and like a child this is what happens. That is Karma. It can be you next all of you rescue hippies.

10. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Bzzzzt. Sorry, but the correct answer is actually "irony".

Thanks for playing, we have lovely parting gifts for you on your way out.

:jester:

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Didn't you & your wife just rescue a dog?

Hang on i KNOW there's a thread on it... brb

found it ...
    http://www.4042.com/4042forums/showthread.php?t=35774

SO IF YOUR DOG ATTACKS YOU OR BITES YOU OR YOUR WIFE THAT'S JUST KARMA?

YOU'RE LOOSING IT MAN.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  12. ServerSnapper

Yes we did. It wasn't on the side of the road like a lot of these nuttballs do.

Did you read the article and see where she found the dog? We researched our dogs, we learned about their temperment, what they need, etc. It was not a hasty decision for us. Who opens the car door and let a strange dog just jump in the car. Who the hell does that?

13. ServerSnapper

:lol::lol::lol: Dammit!! What's muh gift? Book: Top 10 ways a liberal eats cabbage?

14. harleygirl

So am I a "nutball" because I went to the JoCo Shelter & got Buddy?
    Gonna be getting at least 2 more soon. Whether I get them from the shelter or off the side of the road (at least they wont get hit if I get 'em), or from a rescue group it don't matter. The lady was trying to do a good thing and rescue animals. What happened to her was awful.

I have done it and would do it again in a NY minute. I knew what TYPE of dog I wanted and got exactly that. A MUTT FROM THE SHELTER.

15. ServerSnapper

If something happens to you I will be ****ed. The point was picking up a strange dog off the side of the road is not a wise choice regardless of the way you feel for animals. Dogs can be just as deadly as any other wild animal....The article says so. But putting your love for animals aside...Do you get that this is dangerous and if something, God forbid, happens to you because of that love it would definately be "Irony" (Thanks Clif)?

16. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

:hurray::hurray:

17. harleygirl

I see what you are saying, but if I see a dog on the side of the road or in the road I'll throw it in the truck in a minute. I keep a leash and treats in my truck for Buddy anyway, so I'm a little more prepared than most maybe. I picked up one on Smith Rd not too long ago.

Now that we're on the subject, I need to call the shelter to see what they have. :p

18. granola acres mayor

granola acres mayor Well-Known Member

what did i miss. who got bit? i just recently picked up a dog on an overpass on 42, she is the sweetest thing. i didnt get bit so i know yall arnt talking about me. fill me in please.
    the dog i picked up is a beautiful bird dog, she now answers to " Lilo", we had her bathe de wormed, all her shots current and yesterday spayed, she is ready for a forever home. any one interested let me know. but please fill me in on who it was that was bitten.
    GAM

19. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

You need to read the article linked in the OP (original post).

20. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

I would in a heart beat if the dog shows no sign of a temperment problem... Heck I threw a leash around a pit mixed that showed up at my house and WALKED him around on the leash to houses near by to see if he was theirs.. YOU truly DO NOT know where your dog came from! I have fostered a dog and "this was not in my cause but" TRUST me they tell you WHAT you want to hear!! I'm not doing fostering cause I would do it again in a heartbeat but they all do not work the same, it's a shame!