FOUND BEAGLE

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 1_more_PitBull, Mar 1, 2014.

1. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

I have posted to Facebook & NC lost & Found.. It showed up at my house this morning. Seems to be a inside dog. Good with me other dog.. She's not good with it.. Must be able to tell me the sex. NO collar and not micro chipped. Barber Mill Rd & Ameila Church rd area.. Have posted a sign at Howard's Mini Mart. Can't post a pic from my phone :-(

2. 1_more_PitBull

OWNER FOUND

3. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Happy to hear it!!

4. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

:hurray:

5. 1_more_PitBull

Needless to say I had a talk with her about getting him Micro Chipped and getting him fixed.. He was ONLY 9 MONTHS!! SMH And she lived about 2-3 miles away from me!

6. 1_more_PitBull

Sad to report this dog got loose AGAIN! Less then a week after I found him. Clayton PD picked him up at the Hess station across 70hwy headed towards Wilson. Needless to say I tried to get there in time but CPD beat me to him. I went to the police department and talked with the officer who picked him up. Told him the story how I found the dog Saturday and here we are less then a week later. Gave him the owner's # trying to get her to surrender the dog to me so I can place him with a rescue. She didn't answer his call but she answered my text. This is the 4th time this 9 month old puppy has got loose. All this happened on Friday March 7th.

To date: I'm waiting to hear word from Animal Control of Clayton to see if she showed up to get the dog or if I can come get him. Fingers crossed I get him.

7. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

Good luck with this; there are people out there who have the mentality that their dogs can run loose and do not care about the laws. But I am here to tell you that they will care after being fined repeatedly for allowing it to happen (been there, fought this battle in my neighborhood with scofflaws). I wish pet owners would think more about the safety of the pet, and not look at it as cramping the style of the pet's freedom to roam. The same with cats; I am constantly amazed at how cat owners get upset and surprised when their cats do not return "like they always do", and when they find them on the road, or attacked by previously mentioned dogs, who usually roam in packs. Neutering a pet does not make him "less of a man", either. :neutral:

8. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I am strapped for cash, but I would even take the beagle in. I have had an a heart for beagles since I got Jese.

9. 1_more_PitBull

Good new! After talking with the Clayton AC she had agreed to give me 1 more day to get up with the owner "who cares so much about her dog but didn't show up to get him".. Finally the owner called me and agreed to surrender him to me. :) So I have typed up the surrender letter to have her sign tonight and call the AC lady from my phone and that is all I need to get the dog tomorrow!

10. Sdaanimal

:cheers:

11. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Excellent news and thank you for stepping up to protect this pup.

12. AnnetteL

I am so glad to hear it!!! Good for you!!! :)

13. 1_more_PitBull

I now have the dog. He got fully vetted yesterday. All I went in for was a rabies shot, but when I told the vet his story he treated him FREE of charge :) I was amazed to find he is in GREAT heath. No types of worms of any kind. Now I am looking a rescue that will take him.

If you know of any please let me know. I have emailed Triangle Beagle Rescue, Furbabies Rescue, Wake Co SPCA, & Carolina Animal Rescue.

Thanks

14. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

I am so happy you got that puppy. He was out just venturing all over the neighborhood but some a's take that as an invitation to run over them and just leave them to die in the middle of the road.

15. Rockyv58

Since he is already microchiped can you get it registered to you?

16. 1_more_PitBull

He is not microchiped. I just stopped in to get his rabies shot and the vet was nice enough to fully vet him for FREE. I'm just helping this pup out. This is a temp stop on to his furever home. Since I have a dog & a cat already. He doesn't like my cat and my cat doesn't like him..
    That's why I'm looking some rescue names.

17. Sdaanimal

It sounds to me like Rocky is opening his heart and home for this little guy - why not let him adopt him, if he is still interested? I would love to adopt him, but I have seven dogs already in my pack and the spousal unit would not be a happy man :)

18. Rockyv58

I'd love to take on a second beagle. It would be a great early graduation present to myself and my two tri-paws. but I also have three cats.

19. 1_more_PitBull

Yeah he's not great with cats.. I keep mine shut up in another room. Then I will put the pup in his crate and then let the cat out some. But the good news is I "might" have him a furever home since no rescues seem to want to email me back. Out of like 10 rescues I have emailed one of kind enough to email me back that they are full, and it was my #1 pick for him "Triangle Beagle Rescue"

20. AnnetteL

Have you contacted them yet? http://udranch.org/
    Here is a list of several rescue groups throughout NC:
    http://dog.rescueshelter.com/NorthCarolina