Found Female Brown Dog-Shiloh/Presley

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JustAnotherMom, Jul 26, 2014.

1. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

I posted in Cat/Dog, but not a lot of action there. Found this sweet girl outside my house this evening, off of Shiloh and Presley. She's currently in my back yard.

[​IMG]

2. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

Lexie is back home! :hurray::hurray:

3. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Another person with an electric fence ... smh

I feel so bad for these dogs. I see one almost every day around my area that escapes from an electric fence. When will people learn that they don't work for the majority of dogs, and you can't leave them out there for hours/days at a time unsupervised. One of my neighbors just left their dog outside when they went out of town for the weekend, and no surprise it eventually crossed over the electric fence.

Glad this one made it back home, but I worry about the next one. Especially with all the crazy drivers around here. :(

4. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

It is also dangerous for a dog because while it keeps him IN the yard, it does not keep predators OUT of the yard. And how can a dog escape? I know of many, many situations where tiny dogs get attacked and killed by a stray dog who comes into the yard and the tiny dog never has a chance. Too many tragedies. And believe me, not just tiny dogs. Please keep your pet safe!
    :cry:

5. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I agree! An acquaintance of ours has an electric fence and a rabid fox went into their yard, attacked both of their dogs and they both had to be put down. Very scary, but also very sad!

6. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

When my father lived in Parkland FL, his neighbor was a vet and had two doberman pinschers. They had the electric fence. The dogs kept getting out until one day one of them got hit by a car.

7. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

We have a regular fence in the back but the dogs would try to dig so we added the electric--end of problem. This also allows them to be outside in the front when we are out there-because who fences their front yard--but there is a deterrent if there are other dogs or people walking. It is nice not having to worry that if they get out the front door they are gone--and when my kids were little that happened too many times.

8. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

I've seen dozens of dogs run right through electric radio fences, it only shocks them for a second or two when they are running. And most of the time people do not put their e-collars on tight enough. When there is an inch gap between the collar and their fur, it will not work.

Also please make sure your dog has tags on it at all times, with your contact information on it. I must come across at least one dog a week running around my area and when I check, no tags so I can't help get the dog home easily.

9. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I most definitely agree about the underground fencing systems. When we were house-hunting, we looked at one home that did not have a chain-link fence. I made the comment that it would have to be an immediate purchase for us before we even moved in. The realtor told me that the only fencing allowed was the underground systems...no thanks, next! I asked him if I could put collars on all of the neighbors and the roaming animals to keep them away from my babies...seemed logical to me! :mrgreen:

10. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

By the way, GREAT news!!! Thank you for getting her home!