Free/Almost Free Summer Movies for Kids

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by frugalmomoftwo, May 22, 2007.

1. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

2. krattie

krattie Well-Known Member

3. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

Thanks! I was looking for that info! The theaters in Smithfield are nice. I am looking forward to the movies at White Oak as well. :)

4. krattie

I'm looking forward to those movies at White Oak as well. Their deal is pretty good too. $1 tickets, $1 drink and $1 popcorn, parents and group leaders are free. If you buy tickets for all 8 weeks it's only $6.

5. grysunshine

grysunshine Well-Known Member

oh my gosh, it's that time again! lol. Thanks for the info. The kids really enjoy it.

6. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Don't forget the Koka Booth OUTDOOR movies in Cary! Kids are FREE!

http://www.boothamphitheatre.com/movies.html

"Movies By Moonlight" - OK, I know it's Cary but if you take 1010 to Tryon it is not a bad drive at all. Well, at night... it's not too bad.

Adults are $3.00, kids free.

There a loads of great stuff going on at the Koka Booth Ampihtheater this summer - get outside & Enjoy it!

PS: Mr. Koka Booth was a former Mayor of Cary.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  7. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

For anyone who hasn't seen - Wallace & Gromit: The Curse Of The Were-Rabbit (G) - you MUST take your kids to see this movie. It is so cute, and it has some of that "adult" humor that goes right over the little kids' heads but makes the movie more entertaining for adults. It'll be at Garner Towne Sq. on 8/14 & 8/15.

8. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

This is absolutely fabulous...for those who do not work outside the home. I'd love to take my daughter but have to be at work at 10 am while the movies are playing...

:? Frogger

9. lovetherascals

lovetherascals Well-Known Member

We like the Howell Theater in Smithfield too. Their movies are the ones that have just left the regular theaters, so they're a little more recent than some of the other theater's cheap movies for kids. We like it because of the classic decor and it's never crowded. Every show is only $2- and they have the evening shows too- which os good for working parents. A couple times last summer, we were the only ones in the theater!

10. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

We love the Howell too!!

11. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

12. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

Hubbie, kiddo, and I went to the Howell for the first time the other week and we were VERY impressed! Hubby liked it better than a regular theatre, the seats were much more comfy and you cant beat the price!!

13. sarahmama

sarahmama Well-Known Member

White Oak does have their list of movies up for the summer. Just so you guys know. I didn't see them for the other theatres.
    Howell Theatre is great. I like the old theatre feel to it.

14. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Are there better days to go to Smithfield and White Oak? We got to Smithfield early for a show last year. Although we were one of the first in line, we did not get seats because groups that arrived after us were let in ahead of the line and filled most seats. I had two very disappointed children that day! I've heard they have made some changes so that doesn't happen any more. Anyone know if they have days where there are no groups? We've not been to the White Oak Theater so I'm looking forward to trying it out.

15. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

16. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I know! I sent this OLD thread to my friend, she probably thinks I'm crazy. :lol:

17. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Woopsie! Sorry about that, I should have noted it was old when I bumped - it was more of a reference. And yes, you are crazy - but we won't tell!

18. krattie

19. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

FYI: I just noticed in the What's up section of today's paper that Regal Cinemas (the ones that own the older Garner theater) now owns White Oak Cinemas, it's not run by Consolidated Theaters. So I'm guessing they're going to charge the same way the other Garner theater does...I haven't checked online, getting ready to do it right now.

20. krattie

When I posted the link it was with consolidated, now the link takes you to regal. At least it redirects you. You'll have to click on the free family films. Right now they don't have the schedule posted, it says to check back. But yeah, it should be the same.