Free big moving boxes?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kidsfly, Feb 6, 2010.

1. kidsfly

kidsfly Well-Known Member

Any suggestions to where I might find some?

2. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

From todays Craigslist
    FREE Moving boxes!! (Durham--Lenox Apartments.)

Date: 2010-02-06, 4:49PM EST
    Reply to: sale-mgvx2-1589229731@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    We just moved in and want these boxes gone soon!
    We have about 20 or 25 so far and still unpacking!
    First person to email gets them!!
    • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    PostingID: 1589229731

3. kidsfly

Thanks Melynda, already gone. :(

4. angels_squirrel

angels_squirrel Active Member

call wal-mart 40/42 about 10pm and ask them to save you boxes, you need to pick them up around 7 am or before. 772-7373

5. kidsfly

Thank you! :)

6. brea7347

brea7347 Well-Known Member

When we moved recently I found that the bakery dept. at BJ's at White Oak always had boxes that were not cut up like the ones in the front. They let me take as many as I wanted and everytime I went they had plenty. They are medium sized, but very sturday. They were not broken down though, so I brought a small box cutter with me each time. Also Wal-mart (I think it was Clayton) had some in the in-store pickup area when I was there one day. He let me take as many as I wanted and said to let him know and he would save more for me, which he did. I got some really big boxes there. The rest I found on Craigslist, but you have to stay on it and jump fast - there is a lot of competition for free boxes there! We may have a few left that you would be welcome to. I'll check this afternoon.

7. kidsfly

Great info. I appreciate it Brea!

8. brea7347

brea7347 Well-Known Member

Dh said there are still some boxes in the shed, but he did not get around to looking at them today to see how many. How soon do you need them? I'm also not sure how big they are. Hopefully I can get him to look at them this week, definitely next weekend if you don't need them before then.