Free Bj's

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by DontCareHowYouDoItInNY, Nov 17, 2011.

1. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

2. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

I used to pay it but at that time I had a Lexmark printer. BJ's sold the print cartridges in a package and it came out that three cartridges from there was about the same as two were from anywhere else. I had just gotten my first digital camera and we had a family reunion. For some reason I chose to make an album for each family who attended so it saved me money to be a member to get those cartridges but since I am no longer responsible for all my offspring, I don't buy in large quantities...
    Long story to say I used to shop there...

3. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I imagine the thread title will garner a few clicks. :lol:

4. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

That's exactly why I clicked on it :)

5. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

LOL! I remember one time on WQDR Mike Wheless was doing a live remote at some new hair salon and he said to come by for a free shampoo and blow job. My husband damn near ran me over to get out the door and head that way. LOL

6. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

The wife and I have a membership and it really pays for itself for us in the savings with the dog food and kitty litter and a few other items that we do buy in bulk. And if we happen to be up that way on the gas as well.

7. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

I did, too...I was getting ready to call my husband and tell him he better go get in line! :mrgreen:

8. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

You know you pay a 5% premium on your purchases if you don't have a regular membership, right?

9. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

That's true for the 1 day passes they put in the paper, but this is a free membership with full privileges for 60 days. It states in the small print that there is a zero % surcharge. I've used these before and I can verify that there is no surcharge.

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You are correct. I've used it before too.

I just renewed my membership a few weeks ago. I also have one for Sam's and both of them are worth it to me. :cheers:

11. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

I will probably go by and take BJ's up on the free membership, but we prefer Costco!

12. Correct on the surcharge. This is the 2nd time I've gotten in on the 60 day trial, and I'm going to opt in this time. At $3.19 a gallon, the price of gas alone will pay for it. My wife and I don't usually buy the bulk food, but...

The steaks there are very good.
    They have great prices on wine
    $17.99 oil changes on Wednesday - "Ladies Day".

13. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I LOL'd when I looked on the discussion group and saw the thread "free Bj's" and the last poster was "that's what she said". :mrgreen:

14. OMG, I didn't even think of that! Thanks for the early morning laugh, Michelle!! :lol: