Free Notary Service in Johnston County

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

2. TBonz

TBonz Member

Question: We are moving down to Johnston County in the not too distant future...In Northern VA, pretty much every bank has a Notary which is free as long as you have an account with them. Is this the same down there or different?

Good info to file away either way...

3. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Most, if not all bank branches have a notary onsite. I know it is a free service at SECU. Whether it is free or not everywhere else probably depends on the bank.

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

They have them at DMV, but I think you have to pay there.

5. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

If you are a member of the bank, it's usually free. In NC, the highest you can be charged for having docs notarized is 5.00.

6. TBonz

TBonz Member

Thanks all for the info...looking forward to getting myself down there! Love VA but need a change after 50+ years of NoVA traffic!

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

You are gonna love Johnston County, there are a lot of Va transplants down here including myself:cheers:

8. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Yep - at this rate our traffic will be just like Northern Va in a few more years.

9. TBonz

TBonz Member

Thanks Kaci! We were down there last weekend and can't wait until we are there permanently...I'm sure I will have questions - glad I found this site.

And, DontCareHowYouDoItInNY, from what I've seen, it will be quite awhile before it reaches that level! I may not have hit the high traffic areas at the right times yet, but up here, you don't need to do that - it just kinda stinks all the time! Kinda like: :banghead: