Friggatriskaidekaphobia (or Paraskevidekatriaphobia)

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Clif001, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Welcome to the first Friday the 13th of the year.

2012 will contain three Friday the 13's (the maximum that any given year can possibly contain). January, April and July. Curiosly the last time there were three Friday the 13's was in 1984 (another Aprocryphal year).

So, how many of you have changed your normal routine(s) to account for it being Friday the 13?

2. ECAVE

ECAVE Well-Known Member

I haven't changed anything, but I have a coworker that scheduled vacation days for every Friday the 13th this year!

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I didn't change my routine b/c of the 13th, I had some extra time @ work so came in at 9 instead of 8:30, taking off July 13th b/c the 14th is my b-day and I WILL be sitting on a beach somewhere for 3 days straight!!! :mrgreen:

I love Friday the 13th!

4. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

Last year my Birthday fell on Friday the 13th. I got my hair done in the morning and my Son graduated from College in the afternoon. I'd say it was a pretty good day.

5. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

No worries here, I just wish I could pronounce Friggatriskaidekaphobia or Paraskevidekatriaphobia.

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Because, I don't let illogical things such as Santa and lucky/un-lucky numbers drive my life, it is just another Friday.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

just another day....

8. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I did not change anything I did today because of it being Friday the 13th, but I am superstitious so I do try to be careful. I know it's silly, but I get very nervous on days like this. And it's so funny, because my hubby proposed to me on a Friday the 13th (many years ago) and we've been married for 14 years. You'd think that would break my superstition about it, but nope! :)

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

13 is my lucky number:cheers:

10. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

and I think I heard that they are all 13 weeks apart too

11. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Wow, you 100% are correct.

Spooky.

12. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Just out of curiosity, what makes 13 your lucky number?

13. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

I reckon cuz she just told you it was.

14. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

same here

15. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Same question (for the same reason, simple curiosity) what causes you to believe that 13 is a lucky number for you?

16. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

see quote #13 on this thread, wow imagine that.

17. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Honestly it is just a random occuring number that for some reason seems to crop up in my daily life more often than other numbers do, hence I take it as my lucky number

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i was born on the 13th, my Daddy always told me it was my lucky number, and over my lifetime the number 13 or numbers adding up to it have seemed to accompany all the good things that have happened.

19. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Well, do good things come from it (to you)? Something like the 13th item rung up an the grocer somehow rings up at a special low price you weren't aware of? Or mayme you bought fifteen lottery lickets, and the 13th one was the winner? Something like that?

Again, it's simple curiosity. I've heard some people claim that 13 is their lucky number, but have never really found out why they feel that way or what luck it has brought them.

20. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

That's what I'm talking about, except I was hoping for something more specific.

Actually, if you were born on the 13th, it sounds more like 13 was your parent's lucky number. ;)