Front Door

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by tams, Mar 29, 2010.

1. tams

tams Well-Known Member

We just put in a new front door. I need a color for it, but can't decide what goes well with my house. Also, does in the inside of the door need to be the same color as the outside? I am so challenged in the decorating area.

I do not want white.

Our house is a light sage green with white trim. Help!

2. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

the outside should always be the color of the shutters. the inside the color of that room HTH

3. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I'm not a great decorator but I do watch a lot of HGTV. Many people are now using their front door as an accent such as a red door on a white house with black shutters. I think a black door, or burgundy red would be pretty and really stand out. Just my opinion though.

4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

:iagree:

5. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

6. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

You should just leave the front door off, and invite those less fortunate or less hard-working than you to come in and help themselves. :lol:

7. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Butt hole. :mrgreen:

Sherry

8. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

When I bought this house, it was light gray with ...I don't even know what to call it....cranberry plum? on the trim, door and shutters. I changed it to blue and it really makes the accents pop. It was something I had seen in a magazine...possible Good Housekeeping...

I think you need a dark green for your door. Glidden has some great colors: Dark Eucalyptus Leaf or Deep Forest Pine would be nice.

Another great option would be a rich wood colored door. Can you stain it?

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Faded Black? I wonder if Lowes has that color 8)

10. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Lowe's sells different door colors in the spray paint isle, in a quart can.

11. tams

tams Well-Known Member

We do not have shutters :)

12. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

then choose a color for hte door that goes wei=l with the trim and house color that would look nice

13. lori-beth

lori-beth Well-Known Member

our last house was also a light sage green with white trim. originally our shutters and door were dark green but then we changed it to dark gray shutters and the door was the dark red of a barn. what a great change.

14. gracey1314

gracey1314 Well-Known Member

i think black would be nice :)

15. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Run up to Lowes or Home Depot to the paint dept. and check out the paint swatches on the walls... (those paper thingamajigs with colors on them)? They have all kinds of color combos...probably give you some good ideas what you'll like with the sage green.

16. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

17. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Purple, like bandmoms bathing suit.

No too bold, but different.

18. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

LOL!! :lol: :lol:

19. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I'm serious :lol::lol:

Purple looks good on you girl. :p

20. tams

tams Well-Known Member

Found out from hubby since our door is a steel door, we can't do black. I did, however, find this great dark green at Lowes.

It's valspar dark marsh.........

thanks for all the suggestions!