Frosted Mini-Wheats Class Action Suit

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Palisade, May 30, 2013.

1. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

Do you and/or your family eat Frosted Mini-Wheats?

According to the article listed below, Kellogg's, basically, advertised that eating Frosted Mini-Wheats would make your kids smarter. A class action suit was brought and, of course, Kellogg's lost. So they are offering a settlement.

Consumers who bought Frosted Mini-Wheats in the U.S. between January 28, 2008 and October 1, 2009 can be reimbursed $5 per box of the cereal for up to three boxes. Any leftover settlement money will be donated to charity.

News article here:
    http://money.msn.com/now/post.aspx?post=e6b46b21-bb16-4af7-9063-34df780ca217&gt1=33009

Register for the reimbursement here:
    http://www.cerealsettlement.com/index

2. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

So did they use you in the study to prove this?

3. Palisade

Trolling everywhere you go these days.

4. C me Now BMM

Nope,, not everywhere..

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Thanks! I buy that on occasion, and am sure to have bought atleast 3 boxes in that time frame. No receipt of proof of purchase needed, just sign up for the settlement.

:hurray:

6. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

and we wonder what's wrong with America

7. C me Now BMM

Yup, this will be a classic case of fraud followed by even more fraud, as far as who really did purchase 3 boxes in that time frame.

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

exactly.

9. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

That may be... but I really do buy the maple/brown sugar and the strawberry ones. I don't think they ever made me any smarter though :)

10. C me Now BMM

Lol,, I certainly wasn't making a reference to you on this.

11. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

It made me smarter, but I'm pretty sure it was temporary.

I never did like that damn Tony the Tiger anyway.

12. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Can I submit a claim individually for everyone in the house, or is it one per address?

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

:cheers:

14. Palisade

Curiously, it doesn't say.

15. 42Local

42Local Well-Known Member

Too bad the limit is 3. Thanks to Amazon, I can prove I bought at least 20 boxes in that time period.

16. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

You must complete the required information below. All Claim Forms must be postmarked or submitted online by 80 days after the date the Court enters the Judgment. The Claim Form deadline will not be earlier than November 28, 2013 but may be later. The exact date will be posted on www.CerealSettlement.com.

If you submit this Claim Form, you may receive $5 per box of Kellogg’s Mini-Wheats purchased between January 28, 2008 and October 1, 2009, up to $15. If, after all valid claims are paid, money remains in the Settlement Fund, claims will be increased up to three times the original value of the claim for a total potential recovery of up to $45 per claimant.

17. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

and you wonder what is wrong with America

18. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Corporate America is who I am really concerned with.

Sherry

19. Palisade

You should concern yourself more with paranoia, it's a lot closer to your problem.

20. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

It's monkey see monkey do??? What do you expect?

We see businesses, governments, and individuals using loopholes and seedy tactics to profit every day. Do you expect everyone to just accept the BS treatment and go on, or play the same game?

The corporate crooks are only getting what they deserve. Our business society gave up on ethics & morals in pricing and marketing practices a long time ago. And a sue crazy consumer is what they've reaped from it. They made the bed, and there's cereal crumbs in it.