Frozen bread loaves

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by hhicshg, Mar 11, 2012.

1. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

Please help, all you wonderful cooks on here!!
    I am looking for frozen bread loaves. I don't want anything fancy just the frozen bread loaves....Any suggestions where I might find it?
    TYIA

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Haven't bought them in years, but my wife used to buy them at Lowe's Foods.

3. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

I'm almost certain I have gotten them at Food Lion. Not for a long time...

4. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

They are sold at Lowe's Foods, as well as Food Lion, Kroeger, Harris Teeter, Wal*Mart and pretty much every other grocer in the area. I use them all the time to make bread bowls for my chili and I've never not found them. They are in the "Dough" section of the frozen food aisles near the biscuits and pie shells. If you can't find them, ask the store person who's in charge of the frozen aisle.

If any particular store does not have them, it's more likely they are out of them rather than they don't carry them.

5. hhicshg

Thank you Clif--I guess I am just not looking right or overlooking it or whatever. I look for it everywhere I go but don't see it. Maybe I do need some help. LOL I will try it again.

6. hhicshg

Is there a particular location where you shop. I go to Food Lion on 70 in Clayton, sometimes the one going in to Smithfield on 70 and yesterday I tried Lowe's in Clayton again. I still have not seen them. Should I try a different area or where were you shopping for them?

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Have you asked a store employee? Because I'm almost certain I've seen them at all those locations.

8. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I currently shop near where I live (North Raleigh) at Food Lion, Lowe's Foods, Harris Teeter and Wal*Mart.

However, I used to shop at the Lowe's Foods, Wal*Mart and Food Lion in Clayton (all on Hwy 70), and I know I bought them there.

They are located in the frozen food section where you find the frozen dough (not in the refrigerated section where the pop-open bisquits are). Near the bread dough, you might also find frozen biscuits, frozen Texas Toast, and puff pastry.

If you can't find them, ask the person in charge of frozen foods (don't just ask any store worker, most only know their own area).

9. elims

elims Well-Known Member

*nod* At Lowes Foods on 70, the last aisle of frozen food ... down past tv dinners, and frozen appetizers (and hot pockets and the like). At the very end, on that same side.

10. jessiejames2

jessiejames2 Member

bread

walmart just brought some a few weeks ago