Fundraising Ideas

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Ash107, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Ash107

Ash107 Well-Known Member

Okay Ladies and Gents I need some fundraising ideas in order to raise money for a mission trip in June. Our team is doing the doughnut thing tomorrow and have a golf tournament in May, but it looks like we will still be short. Any other ideas that can pull in a substantial amount of money?

2. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

Auctions
    Yard/Bake Sales
    Raffles
    Fun Runs
    Topless Car Wash (and no its not what you think) you wash the bottom half for free and they pay to get the top half done

just a few off the top of my head!

3. sassymom

do a search for fundraising ideas and you will come up with tons of ideas

be warned raffles may be hard if everyone is not willing to help!

4. sassymom

one that is quick and easy is doing a "family night" at a local restaurant where they give you a percentage of sales from that night! if you do it right you can make 300.00 plus!!

5. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Since I have to raise $20K myself, thought I might give you some ideas I've come across over the past few months. An event held in a big hall is always more of a money maker especially if well advertised. Make a blog and have a Chip-In button. Do a "bulb" fundraisers w/ flowers. There are tons and tons of fundraising ideas online. Yardsales this time of year are awesome. The thing I have found recently however is everyone is fundraising and it is really hard to think of things some times. A parents night out is always good but you have to find a daycare center willing to do it and remember to pay their workers for their time. Find a niche you have & use it to your advantage. Whether you make homemade goodies, knit, or draw. Find something. Also, most helpful is taking on another part time job. I know babysit during the week for 2 kids to help raise money for the upcoming adoptions we're doing. Go around the house and find items to list on Craigslist. Not only will you clear clutter, you'll be surprised at how much you can raise. Selling t-shirts is another idea. Some folks I know have sold puzzle pieces on line. There are also 100 wishes quilt thing but that is mostly for adoption stuff. Trying to think of other ideas I've come across. Having a race of some sort. Bike-a-thon; walk-a-thon, etc. We have a ways to go and need to get hoping ourselves. I'll definitely be watching this thread for even more awesome ideas. Some have sold homemade pies. magazine fundraisers are online and easy to set up. (anyone want to buy any? I have a link!). There are so many ideas. Key is to try to be unique which is difficult. Good luck. Where are you going & what type of mission?

stephanie--mom to 7

6. Breezy18

Breezy18 Well-Known Member

Bingo

Have a bingo and get local donations for prizes. Low cost and a money maker!!

Yard sales are also great!!

Andy's at 40.42 does fundraisers.

Sell stuff on ebay/craigslist/4042...etc.

7. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Pulling weeds would get some money. I need it done so badly that I would pay and so would some of my neighbors. Yard work. When I was in school we used to raise money that way and we also gave insurance on Halloween to people that we would clean their yard if someone rolled it. Don't think kids do that anymore.

Sherry

8. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

50/50 Drawing works good--Give a donation of $1 or whatever amount you want to assign. Sell tickets--low low overhead coz a roll of tickets is very cost efficient. The winner of the draw gets 1/2 of the amount you got and the other 50% goes to the cause.

9. Crysta

Crysta Guest

I agree that the larger the event, the better. If you can get a big area together, do a spaghetti dinner or pancake breakfast. Supplies are super-cheap so you can raise a bunch of money charging just $10 per ticket.

Mother's day is coming up, so do a flower sale or Mother's day brunch.

Host a flamingo flocking (google it). Or show a children's movie a few nights, selling popcorn and other concessions (you can draw a lot of people by doing the movie for free and selling the food/drinks).

Yard sales are great if you can get a bunch of people to donate. If not, think about hosting a consignment sale. It's a little more work, but the potential for profits is pretty high.

Silent auctions do well if you can get the donations. Services sell well (such as spa services and golf lessons), as does wine and sporting event tickets.

Oh, and make sure you sell mulligans at the golf outing. You can make a LOT of money with those. And if you expect a decent turn-out, do a $10k hole-in-one challenge (you can usually buy insurance to cover this for about $300, so you just need to make sure that you will make at least $300).

10. Snuffyjo

Snuffyjo Well-Known Member

google Joe Corbi's pizza kits. I will gladly buy some!

11. mispuddin

mispuddin Guest

Tupperware has fundraisers

12. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Our youth group is doing a "flocking" fundraiser. We purchased some pink flamingos and for $20 you can have someone's yard "flocked"....then the idea is that they pay to have them moved to someone else's yard, and so on and so forth.

They've been doing it for about a month and have raised about $1000 so far....