General Practice Physician

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Can someone recommend a physician. Where I go now they won't even see you or reschedule an appointment with out a credit\debit card on file. Even though I do have coverage with my BCBS and AARP

To me it is like going to the emergency department and being asked to pay first before they even diagnose what is wrong with you. JMHO

2. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

You need to pay when you receive service Rocky. They have bills to pay also. You don't pay for groceries after you see if they taste good , so why would you pay for medical services at your convenience instead of when you get the service? Come on now.

3. Rockyv58

no this is a new policy. I have been using the same Dr for years. And any thing I would owe them they would send me a bill and I would pay it. You should never ever have to pay for services that have not been performed yet.

Matter of fact they only let me know about the policy change less than 24 hours before my visit

4. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

They are not saying you will have to pay up front.. They just want a card on file that's all. Prob so when people do a no show they can charge their fees to it.

poppin cork likes this.
  5. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

BTW, everybody with a co-pay pays up front before they see the Dr.

6. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

Lab corp made my husband do that if insurance dont pay. i am going to dr on tuesday and if i need labs i will pay my copay in cash. i dont have extra money in my account to play with. if they take out the money from my account before insurance pays things will bounce or i wont have money to eat. we are changing insurance cause bsbs medicare is making a deductible for drugs. with the new doctor i will always pay copay in cash so they wont have a card on file

7. Rockyv58

That's the thing. I do not have extra $ in my account just for them to take it out willy nilly. Send me a bill and I will pay it. I don't need checks bouncing all around because they over drafted my account. My Dr.s office will use a HSA. I will set one up through my credit union and only put about $20.00 in it. It's either do that or go to Wal-mart and get a gift credit card and put $20.00 on that.

Auxie likes this.
  8. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

I have been pleased with Dr. Turner at Garner Internal Medicine at White Oak.

Tardevil likes this.
  9. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

U can always set up a go fund me account.