gift for a 6 year old

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Karmol, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Karmol

Karmol Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I need suggestions on gifts for a 6 year old girl.
    All I know is, no Barbies!!!

2. cece

cece Well-Known Member

Highlights subscription

Qwirkle game

Illustory - they write and publish their own book

3. If she likes to make stuff, Michael's usually has a lot of fun do-it-yourself kits for girls (at a good price.) There is usually one to make jewelry or bracelets. If that's too advanced (not sure the age groups), there are also kits to paint mugs or decorate picture frames. Michael's one of my favorite places to go for girl gifts.

4. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Football?

6. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

You can never go wrong with an oversized stuffed animal, especially for a young girl. Go to the Disney Store at Crabtree, find one of the larger characters at the back under the big screen TV and she'll be pleased. Sometimes they even have discounted characters. Plus, with the Disney tag on it, it looks more impressive and like you put more thought into it than one from Walmart. Macy's will sometimes have really nice stuff animals on discount, too.

7. cathy0517

cathy0517 Well-Known Member

If she likes computers, webkinz has a special line of stuffed animals with a code that you can play games online that are meant for that age group. You can find them at Justice and Hallmark stores.

8. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

Snuggles Blanket

9. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

If she likes to play "dress up" and use "make up", you can always get her the play make-up. Like what was mentioned, crafts, movies, , puzzles, ...

10. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

Binoculars, tent, flashlight, scissors with different cutting edges or other craft supplies, playdough & playdough accessories, Remote control car, karoke machine, jump rope, pogo stick?

Stretchy balloons & book that shows how to create balloon animals?

While shopping at Walmart today I saw a foam/suds/bubblemaker for the bathtub. It looked like it might be more fun than just dumping some bubble in while the water was running ... but I've never seen one in action so I honestly don't know.