Gift Ideas for an 18 year old?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by crazymom2girls, Dec 10, 2009.

1. I only see my step-daughter a few times a year and we always give her money becasue that's what she wants. I wanted to give her something else too this year. It's been a rough year for her. Anyone with teen girls have any ideas? She's a typical girly 18 year old. Loves fashion and trendy stuff.

2. ARodrigues

ARodrigues Well-Known Member

I bet you could find something at that New Rue21 by the WalMart..

3. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Tiger Woods' phone number? Hey, you did say trendy. :jester:

4. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

gift certificate for mani/pedi - or massage?
    Itunes gift card

5. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Papa John's Gift Card. What teen doesn't want pizza?

6. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

^And they're open Christmas^ <rollseyes> (not at jester, at Papa John's)

7. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I saw where they would be open and was quite surprised. I could understand Christmas Eve...but encouraging workers to show up on Christmas Day? I guess they get a Scrooge Award this year.

8. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I love Papa John's.. just as I loved Burger King before their square butt commercial. I shall miss them.

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Ahem.... but at 18 the girl needs to know ***** don't ALL look like that. :lol:

oh my... it wasn't sensored? LMAO

10. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

Scarves are really big this year with the girls. Bath and Bodyworks always has cool gift baskets with smelly stuff. Nice earrings and necklaces, or a popular perfume. Expensive department store makeup kits. Gift certificates to Starbucks, the movies, Barnes and Noble (has books, movies, music, games, a little bit of everything, plus a coffee shop--good place to meet up if she has to do a study group or something). Sweatshirts, lounge pants(flannel type pj bottoms) from Victoria's Secret "PINK" collection. That's all I got :)

11. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Gas card. Really, something she'll appreciate later when she's low on funds. It was always handy for me in college when someone gave me money. I always used it for gas. Just a thought. Bath & Body Works always has some nice smelling stuff that any teenager loves. If she's going off to college or already in college, a bath type set w/ towel/ bathroom stuff is great. If you know what kind of baked goods she likes, do some for now and then a jar full of stuff to bake later. Dry ingredients that you just mix up. Just throwing ideas out. Good luck & I'm sure whatever you get, she'll be more than happy it came from you!

Stephanie--mom to 7

12. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

If you go to bath & body works you have GOT to smell the PS I love you scent. It is to die for!!!!

13. Oh yeah, she just reads mine after I'm finished.... :jester:

14. Thanks everyone. These are great idea. I think the scarf idea is a good. I'm not sure about Bath and Body works because she said she doesn't wear perfume anymore. The gas card is also a great idea!

15. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

How about a gift card for iTunes? Almost every teen carries some sort of music player.