Girly Birthday Ideas for a few 7 year olds?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by GarnerHome, Jun 7, 2013.

1. GarnerHome

GarnerHome Well-Known Member

My dd is turning 7 this month and I wanted to host a little get together for her and 2-4 of her best friends. I was thinking about a spa like experience (she loves getting her toenails painted at my nail place), but not sure if there are any places that do things like that for more than one kid.

the other idea was some type of cooking, etiquette, or princess themed party, but don't know where those might be. Any other ideas, or recommendations for places that would be good to host a small girly party.

2. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

How about hosting a cupcake making party? For the frosting, you could buy a bunch of the Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Starter (White Frosting) and then a bunch of the different flavors of the Flavor Mixes and let them mix up all kinds of flavors in little plastic bowls to use on their cupcakes. Throw some fun decorations on the table and they will have a blast! No, I don't work for Duncan Hines but saw this idea on tv and thought it looked fun. You could even get them some little aprons and fabric paint and let them make their own personalized aprons. I've also seen little individual plastic cupcake holders so you could give each girl one to take home a cupcake (if there are any leftovers!)

3. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

When my daughter was 7 she wanted a birthday party just like you are describing. I was lucky that the lady that did my hair owned the salon. I told her about my ideas and she rented the place out to me one evening. It was very inexpensive. I hired a few teens to come do the nails, a mini facial and shoulder massages. I believe one teen did hair, like styling and braiding it. The girls and moms loved it.

Ask around, I'm sure you can find a place that would let you do something like this. You could probably do it at your home. If you can find one teen who would like to make a few dollars I'll bet that teen has a few friends who would join her. Setup a couple of nail stations, a chair for massages and one for hair. It will be a lot of fun.

You could incorporate the baking idea with this one.

We did a kidnap party one year and that was fun. I told all the parents ahead of time of course. Drove around and picked the kids up around 11:00 pm or midnight and it was come as you are. We had games and food waiting at the house. It was the talk for a while. So funny seeing those girls in pajamas and confused. Still have the pictures.

Sherry

4. 42Local

42Local Well-Known Member

Call Dawn at My Girlfriend's Place. She does exactly the type of stuff you're looking for.