Glen Rd

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by LansingDr, Feb 6, 2012.

1. LansingDr

LansingDr Well-Known Member

Anyone know what they are building on Glen Rd. right behind the group of townhomes?

2. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Be a little more specific? Which side of the road as you are going which way and what are you calling the townhomes?

3. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I think this is what he's talking about:
    the townhomes at the intersection of CSR and Glen rd, turn right on Glen Rd, and right past the townhomes, on the same side of the rd, there is some construction going on.

4. LansingDr

LansingDr Well-Known Member

Umm right behind the townhomes on the corner of Glen and Cleveland School Rd (these would be the only townhomes on that road) on the right hand side coming from CSR.

yeah what "bandmom" said :)

5. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

At one time that was supposed to be Medical related type offices to go in conjunction with Summerwinds. Physical Therapy, wellness center, that sort of thing. I cant swear thats whats going in now though.

6. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

I remember that this was the plan for this area also. But a couple of weeks ago we read (can't remember where) that the Sweepstakes place next to the contract post office was going to be building a free standing locale. We thought this was strange since we thought they out lawed internet gambling.

7. smallone

smallone Well-Known Member

I live in those townhomes- its a group of 55 and up bungalow type homes. We had to go to a mtg at the Planning board in Smithfield before it was approved. I am tired of the noise already.

8. mgzd

mgzd Well-Known Member

Anyone have any kind of update or information on this place?

9. smallone

smallone Well-Known Member

no update-- but I know it looks NOTHING like the plans that the townhome owners were shown at the Board mtg in Smithfield.....