Glucosamine chondroitin

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by KDsGrandma, Nov 30, 2009.

1. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Anybody take this for joint pain? Does it help? I thought I'd try it, so I got some Flex-a-min, that includes MSM as well as glucosamine and chondroitin, and started having a flareup of my GERD symptoms despite taking my regular medication for that. I'm thinking about trying another product without the MSM to see if that helps, but thought I'd see if anybody here is getting relief from it before I spend the money. I already wasted money on the Flex-a-min, don't want to throw good money after bad.

2. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

I used it some time ago and thougt it worked great. Got out of the habit so haven't taken any lately........and can really tell.

3. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

Glucosamine chondroitin combos work for humans as well as canines, felines and equines :)

Ditto with the MSM - which is supposed to dull pain -and can be given to critters as well

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  4. KDsGrandma

Thanks, maybe I should share with my 20-year-old cat! She can no longer jump onto the counter from the floor, she has to use a chair or the kitchen stool.

On further research, it may be the glucosamine, not the MSM, causing my acid reflux problems. I guess I'll try taking it with food and drinking more water, I had high hopes for this stuff when I started taking it.

5. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Laila's been on it since I have had her. The SPCA put her on it after her amputation and skin graft. For her joints. I usually wait till CVS or Walgreens has their specials of buy one get one free. Then I go and get the largest bottles I can get.

6. 26.2

26.2 Well-Known Member

I run 40+ miles a week and my knees do get sore. I tried it for 12 months with no results.
    I know others that swear by it. Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones that experience some relief. Good luck.

7. KDsGrandma

Thanks. I guess I'll try it for a while, anyway.

8. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

It will take at least 30 days for your body to get enough of the medication into your system for them to start working. That being said I took the stuff for 60 days after having knee sugery several years ago and it did not help in my case, but then again each person's body is different. I have recently heard of another product that if I can find I'll check into trying. It's called Joint Juice, and with it being a liquid it might work better and might also prevent your GERDS

http://www.jointjuice.com/

Craig

9. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

There is also something called Elevation,my husband is thinking of giving it a try,it's a drink too.

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

It's an altitude also.

11. AnnetteL

:lol:

12. KDsGrandma

Plus, around here it's a township. South of Cleveland, east of Pleasant Grove. 8)

13. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

And Fire District.

But I really think Annette is referring to Elation.

http://www.elations.com/

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  14. Daredevil

Daredevil Well-Known Member

My father swears by the stuff. He thought he was going to have to go get knee surgery, but tried it for a few months and now is in no pain.

If you happen to be allergic to shellfish you can have some serious problems with it. They do have some that is more expensive that is derived from non-shellfish means tho.

15. AnnetteL

OMG!! Elation is right!! Quite the typo there:oops::oops:
    my husband would be really unhappy if he found out that I was posting that he was in need of something called Elevation :lol:

16. KDsGrandma

Thanks for the link! I thought my google skillz were failing, I searched every combination I could think of with "elevation" and joint health, joint pain, arthritis, drink, liquid, etc., and couldn't find it. :lol::lol:

17. AnnetteL

:oops:sorry! Either my German got in the way this morning or I was trying to type faster than I obviously should have!

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

:jester:

19. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

DH and I take Gluc-Chond every AM. My Chiro, Dr Williams recommended it and also Fish Oil. At our age :), we need all the help we can get!! :)

He turns the big 5-0 this weekend!!