Go Local Produce

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by twinsmom, Jan 20, 2011.

1. twinsmom

twinsmom Active Member

FYI...

Wanted to pass on this link to anyone interested in deliver of produce. They delivered last Saturday (my first delivery) and I was highly impressed with the quality of food for the price. It's $25 and you get a nice assortment of fruits and veggies.

Below is there link. I'm also posting there facebook link. You can find pics of the produce.

Here is a list of what I had in my bag:

4 Rome apples
    3 oranges
    1 large onion
    2 red bell pepper
    1 head of broccoli
    6 oz mushrooms
    2 medium yellow squash
    1 mango
    2 large tomoates
    1 large cucumber
    1 head of red leaf lettuce
    small bag of sugar snap peas
    several white pototoes
    lots of fresh spinach
    bunch of bananas
    1 coconut

http://golocalproduce.com/

http://www.facebook.com/#!/GoLocalProduce

If you decide to try them please tell them that Mary P. from Angier recommended you.

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

that sounds cool, i loved the one Smith Nursery does during the summer but it wasn't always easy to get to the drop off point. I like that they come to you. Just a few questions, do you sign up for ongoing orders or do you order weekly and is there a membership fee or anything? Can you stop delivery if needed?

3. twinsmom

twinsmom Active Member

Kaci, you do not need to sign up every week and you can do every other week if you want. No membership fees and you can stop whenever you want.

You can also double your vegetable or fruit order for an additional $10. Ned & Jacob are who I dealt with and they are super nice. They accept check or cash.

How did Smith Nursery work? How much was the cost and what did you get and quanity? I live close by and may do that if the price and quality are as good.

Thanks,

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

You can go to their website and click on Doorstep Market and get the info. There is a yearly fee but i think it was only about $7 and you do actually get to pick what you want in your box from what is available that week. They have dropoff sites and i used the one at DanceArt when i could. You get an email each week with what is available and you can pick and choose. All the details are on their website.

5. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

I looked for but didn't find an area where they deliver or do you have to go to a drop off point in this area? I am about 10 miles from 40-42 and would not have a problem going there or to Clayton.

6. Smudger

Smudger Well-Known Member

That's an impressive list of local produce!
    Where do I sign up?

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i assume the Go Local Produce one delivers to your house, Doorstep Market delivers to drop off locations but they are very limited in the winter. In the summer i know they had one in Clayton

8. twinsmom

twinsmom Active Member

Go to the Go Local site and click on Contact Us. Fill in your information and either Jacob or Ned will get back to you. Make sure to tell him Mary P. from Angier told you about them!

http://golocalproduce.com/

9. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Not real sure how bananas, coconuts, mangoes and oranges are considered local. This sounds like a good service and I suppose the 'local' is meant to indicate they deliver locally?

All you are paying for here is the delivery fee, I suppose. Since they get the produce from the farmer's market can they can guarantee freshness or the 'all natural claims' (too many sources)?

10. Navycut

Navycut Well-Known Member

Lee's Produce

There were flyers left on mailboxes in our neighborhood today for Lee's Produce. LOCALLY grown and home delivery April~August.

919 625 5161

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

just signed up with Lee's Produce and cannot wait to get my first delivery, love that they will deliver either to my home or my work & no contract!!! Loved Smith's too, great food but they no longer delivery to Dance Art & having someone bring it directly to me is so convenient:hurray:

12. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I LOVE my Lee's Produce Boxes!! Kaci...did u see the pics I posted on FB??

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

not yet, i don't understand why all my friends posts don't show up automatically anymore. Is there a setting i need to change?

---just did, now i can't wait even more for my first delivery

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  14. PirateGirl

Kaci, I added a 1/2 bushel of garden peas to my box this week because they were so good last week!

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

cool, i didn't find time over the weekend to actually choose my order so i am getting the $25 box for the first time this week - do they have a certain day they deliver to you? i figure i will probably get mine same day as you since we live close.

16. PirateGirl

Tuesday. It's waiting for me when I get home. :)

17. Jenna's Mom

Jenna's Mom Well-Known Member

We've been getting Lee's Produce delivered for the last several weeks and we love it. I have been disappointed in the strawberries though, they are great the first day, but seem to be over ripe and going moldy by Wed afternoon and I have to throw them out by Thursday. We get our delivered on Tuesday too.

18. Navycut

Navycut Well-Known Member

I think the strawberries have 'peaked'. If there is a problem with anything, just email your delivery person and the item will be replaced or substituted.

19. PirateGirl

I agree with the strawberries. The first time I received them, I ate some Tuesday and by the next day I had to throw them out. So...when I received them the following week, they became my dinner! :) They were amazingly yummy just very short-lived. :)

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I got a flat of strawberries from Lee's yesterday and they were fantastic. I haven't had strawberries that good since I was a kid, and I'm ancient. :jester: I made preserves and hope to get my hands on some more. It's been an excellent year for strawberries.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2011