good place to get dress alterations?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by chumphr, Sep 14, 2010.

1. chumphr

chumphr Active Member

i'm a bridesmaid in my bother's wedding and my dress needs some serious work (recently had a baby:))...any recommendations for a seamstress in the area? thanks!! :)

2. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Jenny Gorman in Clayton is the BEST! 553-4878

Others on here have used her as well. She altered both of DD's prom dresses and did a fabulous job.

3. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

Ho's Tailor in Garner has been super fabulous for years. He even has a masters degree in Textile so he all about some sewing. LOL He has made miracles with some of the weddings I have been in. LOL And very reasonable plus fast!

919-779-2513

4. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

He is funny to me. When you leave your items to be altered he says;"I give you Thursday" or "I give you Saturday" depending on the day your alterations will be ready. He is good!

5. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

LOL Yes he does. He is super fast with his turn around but you are right about the way he says it!! LOL LOL

6. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

one time I took a dress in there to add a zipper and I was asking him about shortening it and he says 'make hip look big' - I laughed! and everytime I try on something short or tight, I think 'make hip look big'. :lol:

7. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Cannot beat Jenny.

Sherry

8. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

:iagree: