Goose Creek

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by tassy, Apr 1, 2015.

1. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Has anyone else noticed that on Google Maps the Neuse River has been renamed Goose Creek? I know this is April Fools day, and I don't believe that is what this is. I did an internet search and it was mentioned in another Raleigh area forum at the end of February, and people have notified and asked Google about the change with no response. So I'm curious if anyone here knows anything or has noticed the change?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/R...2!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0x5e8a9e628c10264a

2. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Edits to Google Maps are one of those things that often require critical mass to help make happen. I have no idea why this would happen, but sign in to Google find the Neuse River, then look in the bottom right hand corner for the upload_2015-4-1_14-12-36.png symbol and 'Report a data problem'. It should then ask the nature of the problem. Click on Goose Creek and rename it.

3. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

I too have noticed this a few times.

4. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

It's been that way for a very long time. I remember noticing it sometime last year. I figured it had multiple names.

I reported it by the way.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I reported it too.... its just weird, my first though really was that it was April Fools and Google Maps was being funny.