Got Butter?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by NY9, Jun 29, 2010.

1. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

2. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

That's right . . . blame it on the fat people :mrgreen:

3. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

it's all those lazy a$$ yankees coming down here and not wanting to do a decent hard days work with their "entitled" attitude.

4. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

LOL!!!!!!!!!!AMEN!!

5. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

That makes sense, all the obese yankees moved down south, the thin ones stayed put.

A hard days work in the south consists of a trip to bojangles for 2 sausage biscuits with extra dipping butter and spending the rest of the day talking about how hard they used to work back on Pa's farm while using their belly as an armrest.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well heck, here you are, so you must be one of thse obese ones you are talking out your butt about. Bless your heart.

7. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Fast food is a major contributor, but I think a lot of it is the lack of exercise and not grasping the amount of calories a person consumes as opposed to what is burned in one day. As you cut back on calories and increase the number of calories burned in a day, your metabolism speeds up.

8. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Don't have that problem personally, and anyone that knows me knows how I eat/drink vs. exercise.

Is playing golf while riding on a cart and drinking beer exercise?

:jester:

9. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Ofcourse he not dare be talkin' 'bout his fluffy-yankee-nonworking wife!!

:jester:

10. Fried foods, sweet tea and poverty will do it. The south is full of all three.

11. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Either having no time for exercise or just being sedentary is what likely causes most obesity. Of course, medical reasons can, too or at least complicate efforts to lose weight in some folks. However, for those that are inactive by choice, that is why I've said before the best exercise is one you'll stick with. One thing I do to fool my body into exercise is mix in something I enjoy. Furthermore, the more you exercise and build up your heart and lungs (and lose weight) the more active you become and the greater stamina you have. It also has a direct impact on things like cholesterol and blood pressure, not to mention stress. When I need to relax my mind, I don't watch TV. I go shoot hoops, ride my bicycle, do some chin-ups or work the dumbbells for awhile. Exercise that you get enjoyment from is addicting and with a bit of diet modification, your body reaps the rewards from both.

12. smellarat

smellarat Well-Known Member

I'd take that over a ****head yankee talking crap about the south while he reaps the benefits of living in the south.

13. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

thats where youre confused, I'm not talking crap about the South, I'm talking crap about lazy Southerners.

Welcome to the board, what was your username prior to this one?

14. smellarat

smellarat Well-Known Member

same difference. so i won't offend you if I talk crap about yankees as long as it's not crap about the north? uh-huh,, your right. i'm confused.

15. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Bojangles has dipping butter? How come nobody toldl me about this?

16. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

if you arent talking crap about the south then you should just be talking about lazy people not lazy southerners.

db's wife

17. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Here's some interesting data...

www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/trends.html

Looks as though that as of 2008, very little difference existed between NY and NC. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but does the trend by state show in the CDC's link that obesity is near epidemic levels for black people in much of the country?

18. NY9 loves to bait you guys.

19. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Yeah,this is the second time there has been a discussion on obesity in NC vs NY prompted by him.

20. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

db, The article was regarding the rise in the obesity rate in NC. It also stated that the Southern US predominately held down the top !0 spots on the list. So because of that, my initial question inquired as to whether the reason for these stats had to do more with the amount of **** Southern people shovel into their mouths or the fact that they are generally lazy by my observation.