Gotta love dental insurance companies(NOT)!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by lgb0250, Dec 2, 2013.

1. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Just a rant. Three years ago when my wife retired, we decided to opt into their family dental plan for retirees since the first year premium was a ridiculously low price of about $6.50 a month for the two of us!

Last year we were amazed that it went up to $29 a month but we did realize that was still a pretty decent premium.

Just got the renewal notice starting 1/1/14 and the premium is going to almost $60 a month.

We immediately went online and found a policy that has almost the same coverage I.e., checkups, X-rays and cleanings at no additional cost and discounts on other procedures. The new policy is with Humana and runs about $35 a month.

Like I said, just a rant.

2. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, the whole insurance industry stinks...dental, medical, auto, homeowners. It seems like a lot of companies are just low-balling quotes for the first year to get your business, figuring you won't shop around every year. :banghead:

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

But it has too be Obama's fault! :jester:

I was doing an audit in Tennessee a couple weeks ago and one of the requirements was to verify that they are keeping up on legal requirements. They indicated that Obamacare was impacting their ability to buy Rare Earth metals and gold! Actually it was the Conflict Minerals regulation, but blaming the health care requirements was much easier. :banghead:

4. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Just make sure your dentist takes that ins before signing up.