GR Motor Company - looking for feedback

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Jun 28, 2011.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Anybody ever dealt with them? I don't know anything about them but I found an SUV on their website that I'm interested in.

I like to spend my money locally when I can so I thought I'd see if anyone has an opinion one way or the other about them.

Thanks!

2. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Who is GR Motor company?

3. michelle

they are on the corner of Hwy. 50 and 42 - used to be Mark Williams Motors or something like that.

4. michelle

Guys, I just wanted to report to you that I just bought a car from Mike up at GR Motor Company and I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone looking for a good quality used car. Mike and his partner, Steve, are two of the nicest and most honest people you will meet. If you are in the market for a used car you should go see them and tell them Michelle sent you!

:hurray:

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

what did you get??? :allears:

6. michelle

2004 Ford Expedition. I pick her up tomorrow!

7. CraigSPL

Ummmm.....did you also get stock in Exxon to go along with it?

8. michelle

Nope. I'm hoping it won't be that bad. Can't be as bad as putting gas in a car that leaks gas!

9. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

We have a 97 Expy. If you have it tuned up, correct tire pressure, and try to do all those steps about saving gas, you can HOPE for 16 mpg.

Be forewarned, that engine has COPS..ignition coils that sit on the plugs directly, no coil wires. If one of them dies, it will cause the vehicle to run operate about as smoothly as a dog trying to pass a peach pit. And replacing them can be expensive. Those COPs cost about 55 bucks each at local auto parts places. I bought my last set on ebay, I got 8 for 90 bucks.

And those V-8s are not user friendly to change spark plugs. Plugs on passenger side are numbered (from radiator to passenger seat) 1-4, drivers side 5-8. #s 4 and 8 are almost under the firewall and will take a dedicated mechanic about 3 hours min to replace.

I have more info that I'd be happy to share.

All that maintenance stuff aside, maintained well, they;re a blast to drive, powerful to respond, and it's like being inside a tank (always nicer to feel safer on interstate traffic)

I can't ever see getting rid of ours. Got 198K on the odo, and still going strong.

10. CraigSPL

We rented one back in 2000 to make a trip to Daytona and the wife loved driving it, but with the way gas has been lately even if she found one at a great price I'm not sure she would get it, though 16 mpg isn't much worse than the jeep we had.

11. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Last trip to Kitty Hawk, we got 22 mpg, but we were not doing 70 along 64. Fastest I drove was 62. While it lacks the firepower of the last M1A1 I commanded, it feels like it has the protection..lol

In town, and driving like a speed demon, well, enjoy it, cause you're gonna pay for it.

For luxury and comfort and driving smartly, it's still our first choice.