Grand Street Pizza

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CheerBearNc, Feb 28, 2008.

1. CheerBearNc

CheerBearNc Guest

WOW!! all I can say is WOW... My mom took me and my 3 year old out to eat today and we tried this place, and let me tell you- It was good. We all got a little bit of everything. The pizza is the closest to New York pizza . Plus the subs were amazing and the canolis were sooo good that I think I had a mini canoli-gasm. The people there were just as wonderful. They have a TV and he was nice enough to put on cartoons for my son. Hope you all check it out and enjoy it as much as we did.

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I have ordered pizza twice from them, and have been very pleased. I like my thin crust!

3. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

Where is this place?

DB's wife

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You beat me to it! Where is this pizza nirvana? :mrgreen:

5. Cleopatra

1010, across from DR Wells (down the rd a little, towards Smithfield)

6. Cleopatra

And que Omni in 5,4,3...

7. OmniOne1

OmniOne1 Well-Known Member

Ha, Cleo.

Actually I have only tried it once. Through a friend who brought it around. I didn't care for it. But I think it was their first week open. So I won't hold them on anything. I want to ask them...and if anyone knows please tell.

1. Do they use a regular pizza oven or a convayor oven like Domino's?
    2. And do they use pure mozzerella cheese or a three cheese blend?

No positive or negative comments at this time.

8. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

AS a former New Yorker....
    A few weeks ago I decided to cheat on my diet and got a Pizza with pepperoni, Cheese sticks, and garlic bread with cheese. I had kiddo and another one of mine over the house and they were very hungrytoo.
    I was so disappointed I could have cried.
    THe Pepperoni was some kind of smoked stuff that was as far from Italian pepperoni as you could possibly get. It was not good...at all. There was very little flavor to the sauce. but smoked pepperoni!!! I gcould have been a really good customer but the smoked stuff just irked me to no end. Is this normal for them? Did they not understand my order? What!??
    THe cheese sticks were lame but I had everything delivered so that may not have been a fair judge on those things then. THe garlic bread was good.

I was so upset I almost called them back or took everything back in my car. i didn't but will not go there again. sooooo disappointed.

9. OmniOne1

The pizza that I sampled was just plain cheese. So I can't really help you on the toppings. I'll have to get to the bottom of it.

10. 26.2

26.2 Well-Known Member

Pretty good pizza as far as thin crust NY style goes. It's definately better than any of the delivery chains. If the Pizza was cooked on the oven surface and not on the conveyer it would be outstanding.

11. Cleopatra

And how do you intend to do that?

12. OmniOne1

Cues the James Bond music.

Well I think the best way to get to the bottom of it is to sample it.

Thank you for confirming my theory about their pizzas being cooked on a conveyor belt. If that is the case then I don't see how you could consider it New York Style pizza. More like Domino style.

13. Grammie

Grammie Guest

Here we go again. I ate there today and it was great. I enjoyed it. Sorry to hear about your experience pepper. They were really nice in there too. Omni IMHO some of us are really sick and tired of your Marcos posts. You have given your opinion many many many times. WE GOT IT. Leave us alone now and please SHUT UP about Marcos. Start your own thread about Marcos and anyone interested will post there. God, some people you just can't shut them up.

Getting down off my soap box now.

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

The best pizza is cooked in a brick oven... y'all can keep the rest...conveyor belts, pizza ovens, cook tops.. whatever. Nothing here compares, so you just have to make the best of whats available. I happen to know the owner of Grand Street, and I think he makes a great pizza and I do think he is a New Yorker. Now he can't possibly be in 3 locations at one time, so I can't speak for what happens when he's not there... but if he's making the pizzas, they are really good.

15. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

Second the brick oven. There's a place at the coast, "Bovines" and they have great pizza, baked in a brick oven out in the open so that everyone can see the pizza baking.

16. Lucidity

Lucidity Well-Known Member

Needs more sauce. Pretty close to a decent thin crust pie. I'll actually rate it as one of the better pies in the area.

Does it have a salad bar?:beathorse:

17. Cleopatra

Oh no you di'int!

18. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

If you ever get up to Boston... you'll want to try this place out, they have several locations, and even in NJ and FL.

http://www.pizzeriaregina.com/

This is the kind of pizza I grew up with, we used to go to another place in Waltham, MA called Mamma Josies and it was brick-oven, Leoni's - they had great brick-oven pizza... I don't know why thats such a hard concept to adapt down here.

19. OmniOne1

When the hell did I mention Marco's in this thread?

It's people like you that I am tired of. Now shut up. When I mention Marco's then please continue your personal attacks. But until then. Shut your mouth.

20. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

good pizza doesn't need alot of sauce... just a thin smathering... you want saucey pizza call Dominos, Pizza slut (hut), or Papa Johns....ewwie.