Grave Digger in Garner

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Jester, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Monster Jam is in town next week. April 1 & April 2. Grave Digger is scheduled to be on display at the Advance Auto Parts store in Garner on US 70, Thurs., March 31 from 2-6. www.monsterjam.com/Events/2011/04/01/Raleigh,_NC. Also, there's a ticket giveaway at www.carolinaweeklynews.com.

We didn't make it last year, but we've already got our tickets for this year...and our ear plugs. Last year, my son didn't decide he wanted to go until he saw the Spider-Man truck at Advance and then it was too late to change plans. He's going to be pumped (I know) to see Grave Digger up close!

2. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting...gonna pick up my little man early this afternoon and take him (without his sisters) to see this! Don't know if I could stand sitting inside listening to all that noise, so this is as close as he can get!

3. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

We went to the show last night. It was our first time going and were surprised. We had really good seats..."half-court" "fifty-yard line" type seats...three rows up...and with just basic ear plugs, the noise level was very tolerable. Even the dust and fumes weren't as bad as I imagined. There was dust floating around, because a few times I tried taking a picture with the light dimmed, I'd get those reflections off the dust with the flash, but it wasn't an excessive amount. I'm not a big-time monster truck fan, but it was fun for a once-a-year sort of thing.