Gravel?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kdc1970, Jan 24, 2009.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Anybody know who can deliver a dump truck load of gravel (crush and run)? It don't want it dumped all in one spot either, last time, they went up and dumped it a little at a time so we didn't have to do too much spreading it out ourselves. The driveway is about 185 ft long, so we will definitely need a pretty good amount. Unfortunately, that kind soul no longer does that type of work. :?

This last bout of bad weather has done a nasty number on my driveway. I'm not interested in getting it paved or concreted at this point, I just want some gravel. 8) We have a truck as well, but I'd just as soon get it all done at once, KWIM?

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Try calling Red Barn in Clayton to see if they have it and if not ask them who the recommend. Very nice people.

Red Barn Landscape Supplies LLC
    2019 Hardee Ln
    Clayton, NC 27520
    (919) 553-6626

Good luck,
    Sherry

3. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

oh my god we agree on something sherry. i was going to suggest him, too....

4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Uh, oh....the world is coming to an end. :jester:

Sherry

5. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Robbie Matthews (Of the Matthews Road Family)
    Outside Matters
    Co Name - 934-1523 or 868-8360

He has one of the LARGE Dump Trucks & delivered 37.4 tons of ABC stone for our driveway. (Crush & Run)

You pay by the ton + Hauling Usually...

Sounds like you want it "tailgate dumped".

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That was the word! Thanks! Any idea what the going rate is right now for that sort of thing? If you don't want to post, please PM if you don't mind. I need to know how many arms and legs to get ready to lose. 8)

Thanks to everyone else too, I will be making some calls Monday! Much appreciated! :grouphug:

7. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

You have a PM! ;)

8. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

So who did you go with kdc? I am in the market myself.

9. monaco177

monaco177 Guest

If anyone out here who does have your stones dropped down and you need them spread out I would be willing to help out in spreading them. I know that this is very labor intensive work and my back isn't getting any younger but, hey when you got to pay the bills, any sort of work helps.

10. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

How did you spread them? Will they spread them somewhat when they drop them off? What will I need - bucket, shovel, wheelbarrow?

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I didn't unfortunately. I'm broke. Hopefully in the next month or two.

12. monaco177

monaco177 Guest

I used a shovel, and a rake and lots and lots of work, but if you saw my driveway it looks awesome now compared to before when it was a sea of mud. So much better, and well worth the hard work to look at it all finished.

13. seabee

seabee Guest

LOL....:boxing:

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

hey, it has been awhile but i know that Stephenson's does the tailgate dropping and there did not used to be any separate fee. Give Danielle a call and she can fill ya in and tell her i referred ya.
    Stephenson's Nursery
    894-2700

they are located down on 50 next to the BBQ.