Great Wolf Lodge?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Savealot, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

Is there such a thing as a coupon or discount for this place? I thought it might be cheaper the week after Christmas but I was wrong. thanks

2. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

I've seen coupons in some magazines but usually just about 10%. We'd love to go one day. I've heard it's great. I looked into it at one point and for us it was going to be a minimum of $1200 for the day. If you do happen to run across a discount, please be sure to post on here. I have heard it's an awesome place to go though. My cousin went and said though you are charged for just about everything. She told me be very aware of the price of food. She said she liked it but would not spend the money again for such a short amount of time.

Stephanie-- mom to 7

3. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

the food prices are high. i would pack my own food (at least snacks and drinks) or plan to get something less expensive at near by eateries. theres mcdonalds, etc really close by.
    its really a pretty good price to me. you cant check in to you room until 3 pm but you can change in to your bathing suit and use the park all day and then check in. Same for the next day. check out is at noon or maybe 11 but you can still use the park all that day as late as you want. the water park is indoors of course.

SAVE 20% OFF
    our best available rates on a two or more night stay when you book by January 17, 2011.Use Promo Code: EARLY
    Valid Jan. 2 - Mar. 31, 2011

im on their email list. iill post more if i get any.
    hope this helps.

db's wife

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  4. cece

cece Well-Known Member

You really just have to watch - but the biggest discount I have seen was 20%.

As another posted suggested - pack food. The rooms have a mini fridge, microwave and coffee pot. It was actually kind of nice, because not only did you get to eat, the kids were forced to rest a little.

Also, I told my kids up front we were there for the water park ONLY. This way when they got there and saw the magic wand thingy and game room they knew that this wasn't part of the deal. My kids saved their own money to go to the game room.

If you get their early a lot of times the room will be available and then you get more time to enjoy the park.

If your kids are younger the story time at night is fun.

5. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

We went for a full week last year for Thanksgiving and we had a blast. Was cheaper than just renting a cabin in the mountains for a week and a lot more fun for the kids.... Simply google search Great Wolf Lodge discounts and you will find several offers. We did leave the resort to go out to eat. The food at the resort was very pricey. There are many places to eat outside of the resort. Hooters, Waffle House, Burger joints and pizza joints, yada yada yada. The Magi-quest is AWESOME! Kept the kids busy the entire time that they weren't swimming. Magi-quest wands are various prices, I think the cheapest being around $19.00. The arcade was like a normal arcade price wise. They also have a lounge for the teenage kids, where they have wifi and several large screen TVs for the "cooler older kids" to hang out. I would suggest this place to everyone with kids. We can't wait to go back!