Group Gossip from the Grapevine

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Kent, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

With all the hoopla over Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan, etc, I thought this would be a nice contrast.

The missus was cleaning out the attic in her childhood home over the weekend when she saw one of her old Teen magazines from March, 1970.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

mod squad was awesome

3. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

Bobby Sherman - OMg - had a crush on him

4. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

well some of my first 'coming of age' dreams were with Peggy Lipton. I loved that long beautiful blond hair of hers

5. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Might be worth something on Ebay...

6. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

TMI....lol

7. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

Brings back to many memories for the missus. She's keeping it.

Cover's kind of beat up and it's pretty dry and brittle, too.

8. dangerboy

A fact I wish you never shared with us. lol!!!! -DB's wife

9. dangerboy

Hey, Hey love the Monkeys! I heard they were getting ready to tour.

Dangerboy once told me (I think it was Danger) that Mike's mother invented White Out. Just an interesting fact I thought I would share.

DB's wife

10. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Monkees were my favorite too. The year I got my first record player I got two 45's with it and Daydream Believer was one of them. I still have all of their albums. Wow, that clip from the magazine sure brought back memories. I still have a bunch of my Young Miss magazines from the 70's and they are alot of fun to read now.

11. dangerboy

I used to read Tiger Beat magazine when I was a kid. I wrote them once and they published my question. I wrote that I had heard KISS slept in their make up so no one could find out who they were and I wanted to know if this was true. The answer was no if anyone is wondering. :jester: -DB's wife

12. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

She was a guest star on the show "Rules of Engagement", playing Adam's mother, Fay. Still looks good, even after all these years :lol:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1143621/