groupons and such

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bandmom, Jan 17, 2012.

1. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

There's a new site www.JoCoDeal.com

just got an email for 50% off at Holt Lake BBQ.

2. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

I'm going to have to check this out! I love a good groupon or living social coupon. The worst though is when the groupon really doesn't work or when you find out later that it wasn't really a discount. We get movies from Blockbuster and Redbox kiosk quite a bit so we bought the Blockbuster coupon for $2 for 5 one night rentals. The problem is that Blockbuster has changed their prices and most new releases are $2 or more dollars and coupon only works on the $1 per night movies. Ugh! Similar situations have come up with other coupons as well.

3. bandmom

I know what you mean. I bought one through dealsaver.com for xmas cards with Photobin.com. Could not get the website to take the code for the discount, tried contacting photobin, never got an answer to any of my calls or emails. when I contacted dealsaver.com, they do not issue refunds - I will not be buying anything from them again!. :banghead:

4. LovingLife10

Good to know about dealsaver. you also have to make sure to read fine print on vacation coupons and also understand that the hotels can make it difficult to reserve a room even without anything in the fine print. We got one for Myrtle Beach that was a great deal. Nothing in the fine print about blackout dates or anything. Called the resort and they conveniently didn't have any availability until after peak season, the end of October to be exact. We were ok with that because we were going with another couple just to get a little break from our young children. We could have sat in the room all day everyday and still had fun! It was a great vacation for a very low price, but it was a little annoying that we were powerless to decide when we would go.

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

ok, i am new to these coupon sites, but if you have to pay $5 for a 50% off coupon for Holt Lake & it is only good for one person, then you have to at least get a $10 meal to get your money back and their food is not very expensive. Just wondering the benefit of that?

6. LovingLife10

The one per person just means that you can only buy one coupon. You can use the coupon on an entire family's meal if you want.

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

ahh that makes sense, thanks. i have a lunch to go to Friday there but it is only me so guess not worth it this time.

8. bandmom