guy rd/70.....1...2...3

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by dangerboy, May 20, 2010.

1. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

if i'm first in line at the light on guy road to turn left onto 70 business westbound, i count to 3 after the light turns green before i mash the gas. looking both ways 8 times doesn't hurt either. in the 12 years we've lived out here, i've seen too many nasty accidents at this intersection too many times....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

feel free to post your notoriously bad accident/scariest intersections...

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Before the recent improvements, the intersection of Shotwell and 70, actually, the entrance to the Bojangles. Anytime you had to go past that, then you took your life in your hands. Best not to get between folks and that greasy chicken!! I have died and gone to heaven since they have blocked that off.

3. ncroxx

ncroxx Well-Known Member

I agree! I work RIGHT at that new median,but I STILL see 30-40 people a day making U turns right at the NO U TURN sign!!

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I used to come home from work through that intersection most days... Guy Rd. straight across 70 and continuing on Guy Rd. I'd swear that on more than half dozen occasions, being the first person at the light, if I hadn't of waited a few seconds and taken the time to be sure traffic was stopping from each direction on Hwy 70 that I surely would have been run-over by an oncoming tractor trailer or t-boned by a car that ran the red light!!! :twisted:

5. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

The light on Hwy 70 in front of Talecris is a very dangerous spot! On a daily basis cars and especially 18 wheelers run the light. If you are sitting on Pony Farm Rd it's best to wait till you see the traffic on 70 come to a complete stop before proceeding across the intersection.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I had a birds eye view of the intersection of Hwy 42 and Buffalo at Percy Flowers Store a while back, in one day, I saw 3 tractor trailers blow through that light. I take MUCH more care now too. :boxing::boxing:

Probably 6 or 7 years ago now, I went to go through a green light at Hwy 70 and Main Street, this was before they changed the intersection. Right at the Burger King. I started out and the car beside me blew the horn, so I stopped. A truck came barreling through the red light and would have T-boned me except for my guardian angel in the next car. I don't know who they were, but they probably saved my life.

With that said, I made a boo boo the other day and inadvertantly caused the minor accident I was in. There was extremely poor visibility and the other car was speeding, but I am the one that ended up with the ticket and rightfully so. So, I will be having much more patience from here on out with other drivers. Not fun to BE the dumbarse that causes it either. :oops::oops::oops: I have to give kudos to the SHP trooper, he was so nice and professional. I don't think he really wanted to give me the ticket, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

7. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

WOW kudos!!! so rare today that someone takes responsibility. Thank you.

8. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

We almost got taken out by the most gigantic pick truck ever a few months ago, before they put in the median. Our light was green, and we were headed though, somebody was turning right and there was traffic, and this pickup came barreling across to head into Bojangles out of nowhere. If my son had been driving we would have been creamed, we were inches from being hit.

9. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

One of the worst I remember was right after that light was installed. A newly graduated young fella who had been accepted at NCSU was going to his summer job at the country club near that intersection. He was going east on 70 and stopped at that light. He waited until it turned green and started his left turn. One of those 18 wheelers who was in a hurry ran the light and killed that young guy on impact so they say. He had his whole life ahead of him. He was a good student, had good parents, he participated in sports. The wake and funeral were unbelievable...so many kids and families....

10. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Don't know how many go around this way, but the intersection of Buffalo Road and Lake Wendell Road is TERRIBLE. I've seen several accidents there. People NEVER stop at the STOP sign on Lake Wendell Road. I ALWAYS have to slam on brakes through there even though I slow down cause I know it's a bad spot to go through!