Hair Feathers

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ladypopo, Aug 21, 2011.

1. ladypopo

ladypopo Active Member

I tried to search and see if there was already a post about this but I couldn't find one. So if this is a repeat I apologize. School is starting back soon and my daughter is wanting a hair feather. Can anyone tell me where u can get these and how much they are? I've already checked Sallys. Thanks!

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Someone told me you can get them at Pure Salon (next to Dairy Queen) up at 40/42. No idea on the price though, sorry.

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I've seen advertisements..............what exactly are they? I don't have girls. :lol:

4. ladypopo

ladypopo Active Member

Its a hair extension. But instead of hair its a feather. It just adds a little color without dyeing.

5. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I strongly suggest you check with the school first to see if they will be allowed. Johnston County schools has some wacky rules which included not allowing girls to wear bandanas in their hair years ago. When my girls were in elementary school it was fashionable to wear pretty lace ones and the schools didn't allow them.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Alrighty then! Thanks!

7. jlc007

jlc007 Well-Known Member

I saw some yesterday....

At Rue 21 in the Walmart shopping center off 42. I didn't see how much they were though....sorry.

8. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

I know there is a gal at Kuttin Up salon at 40/42 that does them. And I also saw a sign about a gal at Radiance so there are a bunch of options in the area. May want to call around and price shop. And my thought was to check with the school too just so she doesn't get excited and then they make her take it out.

9. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

I know the Salon at 210 Food Lion does them too.

10. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

...lol... I totally didn't know what it was either! I thought she meant a feather like the old roach clips....:lol:

11. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

My stylist, Jenny, was wearing one and a lady beside me got one at The Salon at Chadbourne the other day when I was there. No idea how much they are...hope not too much because the lady's two-three year old pitched a hissy fit and made her take it out. It was a lovely visit...:?

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

If humans were meant to fly we would already have feathers.

13. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

How sad that a kid can make a parent do anything.

To each his own, but I can't imagine anyone over the age of 15 wanting a feather extension. I guess I just don't get it?:lol:

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I've seen several on women above the age of 15 and the ones that blend with the actual hair color look nice.

15. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Oh, you mean like Steven Tyler while he was on Idol? :jester:

16. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I think they are hella-cool

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Todays Twongo deal is 1/2 off feathers at a salon in Apex. Sorry it wouldn't let me cut and paste the direct link to the deal page.

[​IMG]The Twongo Big Deal for Monday, August 22, 2011Up to 50% off 2 Feather Hair Extensions[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]VALUE[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$24[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SAVE UP TO[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]50%[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Share this Deal:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Syeni Salon and Day Spa[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]225 N. Salem Street[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Suite 101[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Apex, NC 27502[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]919-387-4166[/FONT]

[​IMG]Remember...
    The more people that take advantage of this deal, the more everyone saves! Syeni Salon is now offering feather extensions!

These fashion feathers are the latest trend in hair accessories. Perfect for parties, proms, weddings or just a night out on the town. These new accents come in an array of colors and are perfect for all hair textures and lengths. Feather extensions are just like regular hair extensions and can be shampooed and styled like real hair.
    These feather locks are sure to put you in the spotlight!
    [​IMG]
    Hours of Operation
    Tuesday 9am – 5pm
    Wednesday – Friday 9am – 7:30pm
    Saturday 9am – 6pm
    Sunday – Monday Closed
    Syeni Salon and Day Spa Location
    225 N. Salem Street
    Suite 101
    Apex, NC 27502
    919-387-4166
    Contact Syeni
    Map it

18. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Cool :) After seeing the pictures, I still wouldn't like them for myself but they look better than I imagined.

19. 4ME2KNOW

4ME2KNOW Well-Known Member

Vanity Salon and Color Bar off of Avesboro Rd does the feathers but they also do tinsel extensions. I don't get it but whatever floats your boat I guess.

[​IMG]

20. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I should have kept EVERYTHING I had from the 80's :mrgreen: