Hair question

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by agoembel, Jan 19, 2010.

1. agoembel

agoembel Well-Known Member

I went to a hair stylist and she did a great color job the 1st time. I went back a 2nd time for a touch up and she messed up my color. She did eventually fix it, but it was horrible. I want your thoughts... Would you go back since she did such a great job the 1st time (and give her 1 more time) or would you find someone new?

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

depends on who she is and her reputation amongst others and what she charged you to fix up a screwup

3. freedman68

freedman68 Guest

Give her one more chance. If she screws it up again, find a new stylist.

4. agoembel

agoembel Well-Known Member

She did not charge me to fix it. She did an awesome job the 1st time and you can't beat the price.

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

just know that it takes several times, 5-6, for a hairdresser to get used to how your hair grows, texture, styles, cowlicks, etc. If you are getting color, it can take even a few more times to adjust to gray coverage (if applicable), texture, etc. I'd say give her another chance. Make sure she is writing down your color every single time, that way she'll know the correct formula for touch ups and for all over color, when you are finally satisfied. (btw-it took FOREVER, for me, and I have been with the same gal now for almost 13 years)

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Agreed, I'd give her another chance too. Loved my color last fall, just had it re-done and since I had tried to touch up my roots myself in Dec (this is what I get for trying to save a $), didn't get the same result. Not her fault. I'm not crazy about it at the moment, but eh.........it'll grow back. LOL. Bimbo blond at the moment. :jester: