Haiti donations

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DMJmom, Jan 22, 2010.

1. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I've started hearing of businesses/churches nationwide that are taking material donations for haiti. Anyone know places nearby doing this?

2. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

Horne Memorial United Methodist Church in downtown Clayton has put together a sizeable operation for donations and teams being sent as well.

3. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

The Methodist church is collecting materials at a warehouse in Clayton, and at the MERCI center in Goldsboro. We are collecting things at Elizabeth Church to take to Goldsboro. We're specifically looking for health kits and medical supplies.

*A Health Kit contains specific items:

1 hand towel (15” x 25” up to 17” x 27”)
    1 wash cloth
    1 comb (large and sturdy, not pocket-sized)
    1 nail file or fingernail clippers (no emery boards or toenail clippers)
    1 bath-size bar of soap (3 oz and up)
    1 toothbrush (single brush only in original wrapper; no child-sized brushes)
    1 large tube of toothpaste
    6 adhesive plastic strip sterile bandages

All items should be placed inside a sealed one-gallon plastic bag, and of course all should be new items. No other items should be included in the Health Kit

These will be delivered to the MERCI center in Goldsboro for shipment.

4. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

What things do they want? I have many blankets, sheets, pillows like new. Also some clothes

5. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

All of those things are being accepted as well as the health kits and medical kits KDsGrandma mentioned above. Here's the link to their info. Anything is appreciated. I myself am cleaning the closets out this weekend to send items.
    http://www.hornememorial.org/ministries/missions/haiti/

6. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Thanks so much, I will get stuff together this weekend as well.

7. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Mid-Way Baptist Church is collecting. Find more information at
    http://www.mid-way.com/article225224.htm

The church is located on hwy 401 - between Garner and Fuquay - just north of the 1010/401 intersection.