Halloween costumes-- wheelchair???

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Okay, need some sick sense of humor people out there. I have a son currently in a wheelchair. Cast on one leg & missing the other leg. Have a prosthetic but that doesn't have to be on him for a costume. Looking to have a costume for him that is an "original" idea. My son has a HUGE sick sense of humor so there are no "off limit" ideas here. Keep it clean though, it is an 11 yo boy. LOL. My DH was thinking of an electric chair set up. Want to think of something else maybe. Any of you out there have any ideas? Thanks in advance. Since they don't have school Friday, we do have time to create. BTW, one son is going to be a soilder, one son a zombie, one the incredible hulk, & then the 11yo in a wheelchair needs a costume idea. Youngest girl is going to be a Southern Bell. Hoping my two teen girls stay home this year & hand out candy. LOL.

Stephanie--mom to 7

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Can you build a platform with legs (possibly a trimmed up cardboard box) so that it looks like his chair is a table with table cloth and his head is on a platter (optional apple).

3. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Build him a cardboard "tank" around the chair, complete with big gun, and paint it gun metal grey or camoflage. He can be the turret gunner. Saw this once many years ago and thought it was GREAT!

4. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Lt. Dan?
    Ironside (Perry Mason?)

5. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

OMG! These are great! Table would be super easy for a head on a platter. Funny Michelle, as tonight my son was going around saying "Lt. Dan, Lt. Dan!" The tank is awesome too as then it would fit w/ the soldier. Keep the ideas coming. Too many to choose from. Thanks again for the creative minds on here.

Stephanie-- mom to 7

6. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

LOVE the head on a platter!!! LOL

7. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Oh! The head on a platter gets my vote! With a door cut open in front with a cloth hanging down maybe, curtain style? Like a table cloth? So he can easily get the candy.

8. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

9. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

:shock: A BAT MOBILE! :hurray:

I googled costumes for a wheelchair and got too many to post :cheers: