Halloween Happenings - 09

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Cleopatra, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Thought one thread for all Halloween Happenings was in order. Please post any and all Halloween/Fall Festival related events and activities here.

GCAA

HALLOWEEN party!
    You are invited to join the
    Greater Cleveland Athletic Association for a spooktacular night
    October 31, 2009
    7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
    GCAA gym
    9200 Cleveland school road
    Clayton, NC27520
    $3.00 per child 12 and under
    No family will pay more than $12.00
    Children’s Games (Mummy Wrap Race, Witch Hat Ring Toss,
    Whip Cream Pie Throwing and many more).... plus prizes!!!
    Costume Contest

Music by DJ Rick - absolute entertainment
    www.aeprodj.com
    Parents can dress up and join the fun too.
    Come support your community and help us raise funds to improve our fields.
    Special thanks to our community businesses for their generous donations:
    Cindy’s Nails, Dairy queen, Golden Corral, McDonalds, Pizza inn, TGI Fridays, White Oak cinema

Providing a positive youth sports environment.
    www.gcaasports.com

Premier Athletics had a flier advertising a halloween gym night from 8pm to midnight (I don't know which location) I am assuming this is Oct 31st.

Friday Oct 30th
    5:30:pM- 8:00:pM
    Name Trunk or Treat
    Location Cleveland Fire Dept

Greater Cleveland Chamber of Commerce in conjunction with the Cleveland Fire Department will be hosting the 1st Annual Trunk or Treat. October 30, 2009 5:30pm – 8:00pm located on Cleveland Road across from the JCC Campus. The Committee would like to invite your business to participate at no charge, all we ask is that you decorate your trunk or truck and supply candy to the community for the children to have a safe place to Trick or Treat. Spaces are limited; spaces are on a first come first serve bases. A trophy will be given to the Best Decorated Trunk or Truck sponsored by All Start Trophies. If you like to participate please contact Marlene @ 919-773-8448 or email: info@greaterclevelandchamber.com

HALLOWEEN FUN RIDE

Friday, October 23
    5-7pm
    Clayton Community Park
    $3/child (parents ride free with every paying child
    Recommended for children 12 & under
    Games and Refreshments provided

HALLOWEEN PARADE

Held Friday,October 30
    Begins at Main Street parking lot
    Ends at the Town Square
    2:30-4pm
    Free
    Games, activities and treats

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

3. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

The first annual Smith's Nursery Fall Festival will be a day of food and fun for the entire family. Hayrides and Pumpkin Picking will be available all day as well as the millet maze, hiking trails, goat walk, and fishing ponds. Music will be provided throughout the day by Drifting River Bluegrass Band and New Heritage: Country, Folk and Old Time Rock & Roll. The kids will love the Pumpkin Patch Tales: Frightfully Funny Stories by Claire Ramsey, followed by a Costume Contest for all ages (adults welcome)! The entire family can participate in the Team Relay Races and Pumpkin Carving Contest (bring your pre-carved pumpkins). Other activities will include face painting, a fire truck demonstration, pumpkin painting, and much more! The cost is $5.00 per person. www.Upickberries.com for a schedule of events.

info@upickberries.com

4. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

It looks like that's this Saturday, the 24th, not Halloween. It's right down the road from me, I'll have to check it out! (After my yard sale, LOL!)

5. John Cocktoasten

John Cocktoasten Well-Known Member

Oakwood Lantern Walk
    Date: Saturday, October 31, 2009
    Times: 6:00pm-10:00pm
    Cost: $6.00 per person over 11 years of age; $3.00 for ages 6-11; and free for
    under 6 years of age.

The annual Oakwood Lantern Walk is a family-oriented program of interesting historical vignettes of life (and death) during the War Between the States. The tour is held annually on the last Saturday in October in the Confederate section of Raleigh’s Oakwood Cemetery. You’ll follow a lantern-carrying guide (in period attire) down the luminary-lined path among the headstones of the 1400 Confederate veterans buried in Oakwood, to each of the skits portraying an event from the Confederate past.

The Lantern Walk is hosted by the Col. L. L. Polk camp (Sons of Confederate Veterans) of Garner, with help from local re-enactors and volunteers. All proceeds go towards the upkeep and continued restoration of Oakwood’s Confederate section. The tour takes about an hour to complete; with tour groups leaving approximately every 15 minutes. Refreshments are served at the end of the tour in the House of Memory.

6. ARodrigues

ARodrigues Well-Known Member

Anything good in the yard sale?

7. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I'll post it in the 4042 classifieds, probably tomorrow or Wednesday, with a list of the types of stuff once I get it figured out. From the huge pile of stuff in my living room & dining room, I hope there's good stuff! :lol:

8. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

http://www.archerlodge.org/

Oct. 24 Halloween Festival
    Oct. 25 Pumpkin carving
    Oct. 31 Yard sale

(see website for details):hurray::hurray::hurray:

9. harleygirl

10. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

we be there :)

11. sassymom

you given out candy on Halloween, going to the parentals that night and thought I might come by with little man just to say hi :)

12. harleygirl

Probably NOT. I'd be glad to make a little baggie for your lil man. I can drop it at your mom & dad's. He's so cute!!

13. sassymom

LOL no no. he will get plenty of candy trust me, I was just going to drop by to say hi, we go by your house a lot when I am with my parents going somewhere, that is their cut thru road :jester:

14. harleygirl

I think everyone knows where I live, people *beep* all the time. :lol::lol:

When we lived at Broadmoor I made baggies for the kids on our street so they wouldn't egg our house or think we were the *mean* neighbors. :mrgreen: We were never home on halloween. :ack: Kids = germs AND DH would eat MOST of the candy. :lol:

15. seabee

seabee Guest

no thats me driving by all the time...lol

16. harleygirl

Was that just you? :lol:

It was 2 short *beep beeps*

17. ncmomtothree

ncmomtothree Well-Known Member

Victory Fellowship Church Fall Festival
    1250 Aversboro Road Garner
    Friday October 30th 6-9 pm

Free Food-hotdogs, chips, drinks
    games with lots of candy
    blow up rides and games
    lots and lots of fun
    rain or shine!
    All free!

18. harleygirl

19. harleygirl

Did you go???

It was sooooo cool!!!!

20. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Saturday October 31 2009
    Heritage Day
    A full day of farm activities and demonstrations including blacksmithing, heritage demonstrations, exhibits, arts, crafts, food, music, kid's activities and more! Event time: 10am-4pm.
    Tobacco Farm Life Museum, Hwy 301 North, Kenly.
    709 Church St.- US Hwy 301 N.
    PO Box 88
    Kenly, NC 27542
    Admission: Call for prices.
    Phone: Elaine Richardson, 919 284-3431