hand car wash

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where I can get a car hand washed and vaccumed? I am driving my brothers leased vw bug convertible and the vw dealer in Cary suggested hand washing as opposed to an automated car wash. The only place I know is Bunky's on Glenwood ave in Raleigh. But I was hoping to find some where out by us. Thanks

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I haven't used them, but a friend of ours swears by those fellas at the Vallero gas station in Clayton on 70. None of our vehicles warrent paying someone else to hand wash them. :jester:

I have used Jack's in Clayton before when I get DH's truck waxed. He's very very good. Don't know the number off the top of my head though.

3. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Just out of curiosity, why did they suggest hand washing (and would touchless be just as good?)

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Even touchless uses a high pressure water spray that can leak at the top around the doors.

I've used the guys at the corner of Old Garner Rd & Shotwell, if you were coming from 70, turn at Bojangles, just over the railroad tracks and they are on the right at the light. They did a great job, even got the baked on brake dust off the rims.

5. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Ah, I re-read the OP and see that the VW is a convertible. Makes sense now, thanks. :)

6. granola acres mayor

granola acres mayor Well-Known Member

call me 919-795-8298 my nephew will be happy to help you out.

7. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member